Deployment Management Engineer
- Manage and execute deployment activities supported by vendors located in AXA GO MY at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the Deployment Management Engineer is responsible to ensure application systems are deployed, implemented and functioning in production environment for full operational use.
- The position primary focus is on attaining a smooth and successful deployment via tactful planning, team coordination and immediate reactions to risks and/or issues. Sensitivity to minimize business impacts and system/service downtime will be of ultimate importance.
- The role is expected to perform planning and execution of deployment services with related vendors and is held responsible for the deployment results and quality.
- This role requires you to perform deployments out of office hours or weekends when deployments will need to take place.
- Evaluate production risks associated with production deployment activities
- Perform ETL deployments, as per approved Change ticket (after business hours and weekends when needed)
- Formalize Release Deployment Packages / Bundles and validate that the product has been correctly packaged before deployment and ensure that all release controls have been satisfied.
- Validate that a detailed deployment plan has been documented by the application team along with a contingency plan should anything go wrong during deployment
- Ensure that the sequence of event during a release process are run properly as per deployment plan
- Identify opportunities for the automation of existing deployment processes
- Ensure analysis of after-deployment are done for continuous improvement and lessons learnt well documented
- Answerable to release manager and executives focused on risk mitigation and reduction of release related downtime
- Perform, monitor and track all aspects of deployment activities and meeting or exceeding established SLA’s and KPI’s
- Perform non-ETL deployments after knowledge transfer (when needed)
Degree in Computer Science or related fields
Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience as an ETL Developer
Specializes in Informatica PowerCentre ETL and data conversion developments
Experienced in writing Stored Procedures using PL/SQL and Shell Scripting (linux)
Experienced in Database deployments (Oracle).
Experience in DBMOTO (good to have).
Prior experience in implementing automation ETL deployments will be of advantage
ITIL Foundation is preferred
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work without supervision but with discipline.
Good understanding of development and deployment of ETL Solution through Informatica PowerCentre too
As the ideal candidate for this role you pay attention to details and can provide review comments to enhance results. You need to have a technical aptitude and be able acquire knowledge on ETL related deployments and execute deployments into Production without failure. You should also have the understanding of application release processes, understanding of deployment run guides and adhere to deployment window guidelines. You need to coordinate with business and IT teams with respect to ETL deployments and be flexible to work during off-office hours to execute ETL related deployments.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.