Assistant Manager, Data & Innovation (Lead Data Scientist)
Join an international organization with a dynamic culture open to innovation and reinvention and a team where you'll be trusted and empowered to own your topics and have a tremendous impact. Propose and drive data science experiments that deliver business value. Leverage on AXA modern data infrastructure and collaborate with other Data talents to deliver your initiatives. And, guide and mentor a team of 2 to 4 Data Scientists
- Lead a team of 2-4 Data Scientists, providing technical guidance, project supervision, and career mentorship
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business needs, identify opportunities, formulate data science proposals, and implement these solutions to address business problems
- Lead the growth of the team’s capabilities by adopting effective project delivery frameworks, sourcing for ideal tools and products, defining best practices, and organizing training sessions
- Represent the data science team by participating in cross-functional collaborations with internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and partners
- Develop and design data science project plans, so that POCs can be successfully transformed into high-quality solutions deployed in production for business units to utilize
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Proficient in Python
- Experience in managing end-to-end data project lifecycles (scoping, data preparation, modelling, deployment, maintenance, monitoring)
- Good knowledge in machine learning tools and libraries, data visualization, cloud services
- Able to effectively communicate concepts and results to business units, and work well with different departments (e.g. Data Engineers, Business Leaders) to deliver business value through data science
- You’re self-driven, strong in execution, team player and fast to understand business needs
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives. Discover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.