At AXA Partners, we’re looking for an ER Advisor full time (35hour) fixed term contract to be based in our Redhill office.
We understand how important work-life balance is and we absolutely embrace smart working so are extremely happy to talk about flexible options that suit your needs.
The Employee Relations Advisor is the first point of contact for Line Managers and Investigating Managers to provide advice and support on all employee relations (ER) issues. The Employee Relations Advisor will help to ensure a fair and consistent delivery throughout the organisation on policies and procedures thus promoting a positive employee relations culture within the organisation, whilst minimising risk of litigation.
About the ER Advisor role …
- To advise and support line managers in the handling of all ER matters, including disciplinary, grievance, capability, performance management, health and sickness absence management, flexible working and unsatisfactory probation.
- To support the organisation in resolving matters of conflict at the earliest opportunity and to be involved in an advisory capacity in the management of any formal processes within these areas, and for some other substantial reason, and to attend formal hearings.
- To ensure effective case management in accordance with AXA process and ensure Investigating Managers are fully briefed on process and best practice. To support the investigation of sensitive and complex situations and to advise in the progression of such cases as may be necessary.
- To liaise with AXA’s Occupational Health provider, including arranging and overseeing health assessments and medical referrals. To provide advice to Line Managers in relation to phased return to work and temporary and reasonable adjustments, in line with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
- To develop procedures, processes and guidance notes in relation to areas of responsibility and to work collaboratively with colleagues in Organisational Development to support the introduction of new or revised ER policies.
- To provide ongoing line management briefing and coaching, through one to one or group learning sessions, to ensure consistent application of AXA ER policies and adherence to best practice in the management of all ER related issues. To assist with the delivery of workshops and training sessions to ensure Line Managers are appropriately equipped.
- To work closely with line managers in all aspects of people management sharing both technical and legal knowledge to assist them in their development and to build a positive employee relations environment.
- To support the well-being of staff by promoting the use of employee benefits related to wellbeing, (e.g. Occupational Health, private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Work Related Stress Action Plan) as appropriate.
- To escalate to the ER Partner any concerns in relation to HR business risk, or where advice is not acted upon appropriately.
- Produce Employee Relations dashboards for use across the business. Provide rigorous data analysis, highlighting key trends in employee relations to proactively address and drive continuous development and process improvement, in-turn minimising reactive work.
- Assist in developing, designing and implementing new policies and procedures and ensuring these are always up to date with changes in legislation.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that all nominated staff receive appropriate training within the Redhill site.
- To escalate any possible risks to a member of leadership or executive team.
- To complete DSE assessments and recommend where an ergonomic assessment would be more suitable.
- To make line managers aware of the costs associated with equipment expenditure
- To identify the need and/or requirement for Personal Evacuation Plans, ensuring the relevant individuals across the business are made aware of the plan and the actions required
- To ensure the appropriate signage is displayed across the site and it is kept accurate, reflective of the business and in date.
About you …
Ideally, you are an HR generalist with a sound knowledge of Employment Law and technical knowledge for key HR subjects including legal awareness.
Self-development is important to us, so if you are your part or full CIPD-qualified even better, but not essential. This is a fast-paced business, so you will need to manage & prioritise multiple tasks and ensure that deadlines are met and that milestones are achieved. You also need to be able to produce strong management information and statistics, and this includes having experience of using Excel at an advanced/intermediate level, e.g., producing HR dashboard reports. Experience of dealing with Employee Relations, disciplinary and grievance issues is a key factor in this role.
In addition to this, it would be great if you had some experience and knowledge of leading and/or supporting key projects and change programmes.
You’re a natural team player with the ability to build rapport and trust with stakeholders and you pride yourself on your ability to build and develop fantastic stakeholder relationships. You’re passionate about people and you love to work in a dynamic team. Your excellent organisation and communication skills will be essential when communicating with key stakeholders at all levels in the business.
Last but not least, you are a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and a desire to get things right every time in all aspects of your HRA role and by providing solutions using all of the facts and data available to you.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Combining passion with advanced expertise, we design and deliver worldwide solutions for partners and communities. We protect what matters, when it matters.
At AXA Partners, we’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. In order to apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Personal Pension Plan
Life Assurance 4x salary
Private Healthcare benefit
22 Days Annual leave rising to 27 in one year increments
Free staff travel insurance
Staff motor breakdown scheme
Staff home emergency cover benefit
Discounted home insurance