Senior Actuarial Analyst - Health
We're looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Actuarial Team working on the AXA Health side of our business. In this role you will be able to contribute to the delivery of high quality analysis in the delivery of the Actuarial Function requirements, and support AXA Health in making key business decisions to achieve financial targets.
AXA UK is proud to have been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here. Progress your career with us and find out why. At AXA we’re adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and our Tubridge Wells office in a way that works best for them, their team and our customers.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform the independent review of the technical provisions with the support and guidance of other technical experts in the team.
- Co-ordinate the review of the calculation of technical provisions.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the methodologies and underlying models used as well as the assumptions made in the calculation of technical provisions for IFRS and SII purposes.
- Assess the sufficiency and quality of the data used in the calculation of technical provisions.
- Compare best estimates against experience, considering underlying risks and the appropriateness of methods, data or assumptions.
- Inform the administrative, management or supervisory body of the reliability and adequacy of the calculation of technical provisions.
- Contribute to the review and challenge portfolio profitability and performance in terms of Pricing, Underwriting, Distribution and Reinsurance decision making.
- Perform review of the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements, with the support of other technical specialists in the team.
- Support the Chief Actuary in providing a second line opinion to the Board on the adequacy of reinsurance arrangements.
- Contribute to the effective implementation of the risk-management system, providing thought leadership and second line leadership with respect to the risk modelling underlying the calculation of the capital requirements and to the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA).
- Perform capital assessments and other requirements under SII with the support of other technical specialists in the team.
- Deliver appropriate actuarial analysis and research to support business goals and drive strategy as may be requested from time to time.
- Actuarial trainee.
- Work experience in analytical or insurance modelling.
- Good mathematical and statistical skills.
- Ability to design, undertake and communicate analyses under supervision from more experienced technical specialists.
- Knowledge of UK and global health markets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work across functional teams.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
AXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA Group. Whatever our customers’ health goals, we help them get there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that’s holding them back or finding them the right specialist to take their treatment forward. Our team are experts in their fields: from experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can be.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Professional Qualification support
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.