Quantitative Portfolio Manager / Investment Strategist
Developing, implementing and managing quantitative investment strategies as part of a team.
Key responsibilities: Investment outcomes, quantitative research and product development:
• Responsible for investment outcomes including performance and risk as well as ESG and other considerations
• Analysing drivers of strategy performance and risk
• Monitoring of strategy risk exposures e.g. factor, sector, macro etc
• Proposing and implementing short term investment decisions in response to market events in order to manage risk and generate alpha
• Communicating investment performance to both internal and external clients
Quantitative research and product development:
• Undertaking quantitative research and investigating new sources of data
• Proposing and testing new models to enhance investment outcomes
• Driving product innovation and collaborating with stakeholders on new product development
• Degree in a Finance related and/or Quantitative subject and CFA qualified preferred (or equivalent in a relevant subject and/or relevant formal training
• Experience in a quant equity role on either buy side or sell side
• Experience with global equity risk models (Barra) and optimization’s an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
• Track record building quantitative investment signals
• Strong analytical skills. The ability to manipulate and analyse complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from multiple data sources.
• Coding skills - python essential with experience in quantitative packages (numpy,pandas).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to listen and to persuade
• Knowledge of machine learning techniques an advantage.
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to share ideas with other team members
• Ability to work well as part of a team with other investors and autonomously
• The ability to stand back
• Strength of conviction and constructive mindset
• Comfortable with ‘having a view’, taking timely decisions and owning them
• Able to prioritise and to maintain a positive mindset in challenging situations
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.