The role-holder will contribtue to the impact investment team’s objective to invest capital in companies and projects delivering intentional, positive and measurable impact. The roleholder will contribute to the integration of impact and ESG considerations through the investment cycle and support the continued evolution of our strategy on impact measurement and management practices.
- Contribute to the evolution and definition of the impact strategy and its implementation at a portfolio level and across its focus sectors, geographies and investment types
- Conduct impact and ESG analysis on prospective investments to assess alignment with impact objectives
- Provide input to the Investment Committee to consider impact and ESG rationale for each investment
- Conduct thematic research on key impact themes, sustainablity issues and sectors to provide input to the impact strategy and portfolio evolution
- Provide guidance to investment team on emerging regulatory issues such as the EU Taxonomy to guide investment selectiion
- Analyse, monitor and manage ESG issues relevant to investments, including development of ESG Action Plans for investments
- Engage with portfolio companies to monitor and manage performance relative to impact objectives and management of key ESG risks
- Quant analysis, build models to assess, measure, value and report on impact outcomes and results
- Contribute to impact measurement, management and reporting, including refinment of impact KPIs, data collection and client reporting
- Contribute to the continued evolution of impact management and meansurement system to align with best practice and represent the Impact Strategy on the governance committees of investees
- Manage the philanthropic mechanism linked to the impact investing platform
- University Degree
- Advanced degree (preferable)
- Degree in finance, social sciences, development related fields
- A relevant experience in working within the impact investing/responsible investment industry
- Robust ESG and impact management experience across different types of asset classes, industries and geographies
- Experience gained in private assets strategies preferred
- Experience of impact measurement and management norms and framework including the Impact Management Project and Sustainable Development Goals
- Demonstrated ability to construct, manipulate and manage data
- Experience of ESG frameworks including the IFC Performance Standards
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in quantitative data analysis – collecting and managing data
- Excellent research, qualitative and analytical discipline
- Project management skills and the ability to manage and progress a portfolio of different stages
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization/interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and produce quality working within tight deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of processes and service delivery
- Attention to detail
A hard-working, dynamic and proactive self-starterWould you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.