Portfolio Manager FI
- Fixed Income - Serve as primary Fixed Income Portfolio Manager for designated Accounts and Funds
- Accountable for consistent, solid risk-adjusted Performance over medium term
- Implement AXA IM’s B&M Investment philosophy and views into portfolios as appropriate
- Instruct security selection, portfolio construction, rebalancing, cash raising, etc
- Actively work with RI team and analysts to implement ESG initiatives.
- Assist with hedging and derivative strategies
- Monitor and proactively manage portfolio risks relative to Client requirements
- Accountable for compliance with all Client Guidelines – both in letter and “spirit”
- Accountable for compliance with all AXA IM and Regulatory rules, policies and procedures
- Ensure all commentaries, data, etc for Clients are accurate and complete
- Communicate proactively with Clients on issues/topics where appropriate
- Fixed Income - Serve as Back-up Fixed Income Portfolio Manager for designated Accounts and Funds
- Assist and communicate proactively with primary Portfolio Manager on duties described above
- Stand in / Assume duties if primary Portfolio Manager is not available
- Maintain close relationship with Fundamental Credit Analyst covering same Sectors / Issuers
- Work with Dealers on Trading Desk to follow market flows, new deals, positioning, etc
- Communicate views proactively amongst Fixed Income via chat rooms, morning meetings, etc
- Participate in and contribute actively to Alpha Groups & Forecasting process
- Assist with ad hoc research and analytical projects for Portfolios, Markets, Risk, Performance.
- Take initiative / ownership on ad hoc research / analysis on topical issues (above)
- Work closely with Portfolio Engineers and PMs as / when appropriate
- Help prepare / participate in Client and Consultant update / briefings and new Prospect pitches
- Work closely with Solutions, CRM and Distribution colleagues on above
Education / Qualifications
- Financial background (Msc, CFA)
- Experience in asset management with a focus on the management of Fixed Income credit portfolios.
- Experience in the Fixed Income area, with an excellent understanding of Fixed Income markets and of Fixed Income asset management expertises.
- Sustainability experience to support and help ESG initiatives.
- Asset management within the Insurance Companies balance sheet context with a good understanding of their specific objectives and constraints.
- Experience in dealing with large institutional clients on their various needs
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the European pension and insurance market (regulation, accounting,…)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid Financial Analysis background and experience as it relates to Fixed Income Credit responsibility
- Capacity to interact in the complex environment of a large international firm and to manage projects
- High interpersonal sensitivity to ensure capturing clients needs and to ensure smooth communication in all potential situations
- Organisational skills needed to coordinate the important numbers of teams involved
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.