UK Governance Officer
A new and strategically important role for the London office to support the General Secretary UK with her governance, UK regulatory development and UK CEO support role. To be a key stakeholder in the maintenance and development of AXA IM UK’s Governance and Oversight arrangements as part of its Risk, Control and Oversight framework.
- To support the General Secretary UK and the UK CEO with the smooth running of the UK Boards, Board Committees and UK sub committees and to ensure efficiency.
- Maintain and manage the UK Board/Committee policies, Terms of Reference, succession plans, training and induction of new directors.
- Assist with monitoring UK regulatory change and responding to FCA consultation papers.
- Maintain the UK Board/Committee Regulatory radars and culture dashboard.
- Ensure quality control for the board/Board Committee papers and minutes.
- Manage the UK Board Forum escalation protocols and assist with ensuring escalations are made appropriately.
- Excellent academic qualifications to degree level and relevant professional training (e.g. Accounting/Audit, Legal, Compliance), a qualified lawyer highly desirable.
- Experience working within the UK financial services regulatory environment, but this may be at a law firm or within an asset management firm or a regulator
- Some experience and understanding of corporate governance issues; undertaking projects and taking forward issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word, Outlook and the internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable and well organised
- Ability to think outside the box and pick up new skills quickly
- Ability to interpret and synthesise regulation and consultation papers and apply to AXA IM’s business
- Interest in managing people
- Attention to detail is essential
- Able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Able to build trust and foster relationships with relevant teams/areas
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.