Workplace Architect (F/M/X)
CONTEXT and JOB PURPOSE :
Working as part the Group’s Technology Office, the Solutions Architect is responsible for providing architecture, vision, governance, problem anticipation and solving for IT on an enterprise architectural level. The scope of solutions architecture covers security, data, application and technology architecture.
He manages and coordinates, for his areas of responsibility, the work carried out by the Architects and SME from AXA entities in close collaboration with Group IT departments for the global assets, with Group Security for the Security part, and with Business Partnership and the Markets/Entities for the entities related part.
The Solutions Architect’s role is to steer the Solutions design and evolution across AXA to ensure the proper implementation of the IT Strategy and to be able to adopt new technologies and new market solutions in line with the business priorities, and with the aim for AXA to become a Tech Led Company.
The individual in this position understands the Group business strategy, the Information Systems (IS) of the Group and anticipates future directions of the IT industry to relate them to future business needs and initiatives. The Solutions Architect produces key architecture deliverables, solutions design, leads international workgroups and studies to establish IT directions for the Group and is responsible for the architecture review of projects related to technologies in his domain of responsibility.
The objective of architecture is to ensure that we build sustainable, robust and secured Information Systems at the right cost and that bring business value to support the corporate business and lines of business strategies.
The Solutions Architect main activity is to craft the IT Strategy of the Group and act as a change agent to implement this IT Strategy through the Target Enterprise Architecture of the Group, and of individual countries within the Group. He may also be called upon to directly support PMs on some key projects.
The core activities of the Solutions Architect include the following for his own area of responsibility:
- Define and manage the company Technology vision, strategies and plans with focus on domains related to his role
- Build and maintain both worldwide Architecture Landscape and Architecture Maturity Model(s)
- Contribute to Technology/Architecture CTO Community and Technology Governance of the Group covering global and local dimensions, which includes ensuring design and solution choices made in the entities are conform to Group Strategy in order to secure Group interests over the long-term
- Participate to forums of leading companies (cross-industries) and vendors in order to use and/or influence technology evolutions
- In particular, study industry trends and technologies in close collaboration with Group Data & Technology Innovation
- Manage evaluation, development, and deployment of relevant technologies
- Share technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide, and in particular interact with senior business and IT executives
- Provide support to all Group IT supporting functions, in particular for Procurement and Finance for large negotiations or assets.
DIMENSIONS OF THE POSITION :
Some key characteristics in the scope of the role of the Solutions Architect are:
- The Group Technology Office central team comprised of ~60 IS Architects;
- Range of 20-30 architects and SMEs worldwide to interact with
- 150k+ workplace devices to support/manage by workplace solutions
- Strong experience in IT Strategy, enterprise and solution architecture (8+ years)
- In depth experience on solutions architecture designs and implementation for very large projects/environments in particular in a specific specialist domain
- Strong change management skills with practical experience of transformation in an international environment
- Strives for excellence with deliverables of high quality and ability to work in sometimes tight planning
- Demonstrates to be a strong team member with a collaborative mind-set.
- Architecture evolution and planning including financials (IT Refresh, business planning, change management,…)
- Expert knowledge in IT architecture and IT strategy in the Workplace ecosystem including underlying cloud computing, security and identity management capabilitites
- Advanced expertise on Virtualisation technologies (Citrix, MS WVD, VMware …) with proven experience
- Ability to execute evolution of the enterprise architecture through strategic thinking, in addition to possessing strong business, technical, and financial acumen.
- Expertise in the areas of analysis, critical thinking and decision making, information systems knowledge, innovation, knowledge of emerging technology, planning, risk management, systems thinking, application rationalization/TCO, IT Security and technical problem solving.
- Strong skills in influence, consultation, and negotiating ability.
- Leadership – Exhibits strong results orientation, change leadership, adaptability and the ability to drive collaborative behaviour.
- Vision –Solutions Architect demonstrates architectural vision and beliefs and is able to express them clearly, champion them, and debate his point of view in on-line forums or in-person workshops.
- Communication skills – Exhibits strong skills in listening, spoken and written communication, collaboration and the ability to work in a global team. Solutions Architects are expected to have the ability to understand and discuss with both senior managers and IT experts, and explain in clear language complicated architectural concepts and strategies.
- Openness and reaching out – Strong human relationship skills, exhibit curiosity and can see opportunities in situations, not just problems.
- International profile – A proven ability to work effectively in an international environment. In addition, exhibits a strong proficiency in English.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.