Pricing Governance and Controls Analyst
AXA Insurance are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Pricing Analyst to join the Retail Team within the Pricing Governance and Controls Teams. The UK personal motor and household markets are some of the most competitive and advanced insurance markets in the world, and profitable growth of personal lines business forms a key part of AXA Insurance’s strategic plans.
The Pricing Governance & Controls Team has a key role in ensuring that pricing governance is the corner stone of the Retail Pricing Team and that the customer is at the heart of all our pricing decisions. You will also be involved in; ensuring pricing meets its regulatory needs, the end to end pricing process, data ownership and liaising with Project teams and Business owners to shape and deliver change.
Retail Pricing operate a ‘One Pricing Team’ model which enables individuals to gain experience in all aspects of home and motor insurance pricing.
We’re looking for an experienced analyst, with a proven history in pricing and modelling that feels comfortable to challenge the business and provide direction within the governance framework.
Although knowledge of the insurance industry is an advantage greater significance will be placed on your behavioural and mathematics skills.
What will you be doing?
• Help to ensure that pricing governance is fully embedded in the Retail Pricing Team.
• Ensure regulatory requirements are implemented within given timeframes.
• Challenge the business to ensure that the customer is at the heart of all decisions.
• Liaising with the wider AXA governance and compliance teams
• Assist with the delivery process with the project delivery teams.
• Provide quality assurance and clear audit for the end to end pricing cycle.
What will you need?
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Educated to a degree level or evidence of equivalent proficiency
• Understanding of current pricing methodology
• Understanding of complex processes and structures
• Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Good programming skills in at least one language (SAS, R, Python etc.), with a solid understanding of algorithm design
• Ability to create strong governance documents
• Good presentation, influencing and persuasiveness skills.
What will you get from this role?
Within AXA we strive to enable the personal development of our people in a supportive environment. We will offer you a variety of resources and development programs to develop and enhance your existing skills and the opportunity to take your career to new levels of success with a global insurance brand.
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
• Annual bonus Scheme
• Competitive annual salary between £37,000 - £52,900 depending on experience and location (London weighting applied for London based role)
• Support with your actuarial studies through our actuarial study scheme
• Joint contribution (money purchase) pension scheme
• Free life assurance (10 x basic salary)
• 23 days holiday, rising with service
• Flexible benefit options, including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
• Structured personal development with comprehensive training and talent programmes
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to email@example.com .