Network Solution Architect (M/F)
PRESENTATION OF THE CONTEXT
Working as part of the Group’s Technology Office, under Group CIO Division, the Network Architect is responsible for providing Network architecture, vision, governance, problem anticipation, and solving for IT on an architectural level for the Network domain.
The Solution Architect’s role is to Contribute to AXA Services development by designing solutions to support business projects making sure they respect the group standards (security, technical product usage) in the context Group target Architecture (including Platform Architecture), and with the aim for AXA to become a Tech Led Company.
He proposes the future architectures or support the ones that needs to be further developed and implemented to the entities and to the Group main stakeholders. To achieve this objective, he relies on his experience and expertise, providing market insights, and bringing concrete justifications and values of his propositions.
The Network Solution architect has interactions with all the levels of the company in the IT area, from the execution and support engineers to the C-levels. He adapts his speech to the audience to make his statements understood and adopted by all. He is the reference in his domain.
POSITION MAIN ACTIVITIES
The objective of Network architecture is to ensure that we build sustainable, robust, and secured Network artifacts at the right cost and that bring business value to support the corporate business and lines of business strategies.
The Network Solution Architect's main activity is on the Datacenter/Cloud, LAN/WAN, and IP services area to craft the Network Strategy of the Group and act as a change agent to implement this IT Strategy through the Target Architecture of the Group, and of individual countries within the Group. He may also be called upon to directly support PMs on some key projects.
The core activities of the Solution Architect include the following for his own area of responsibility:
- designs infrastructure-based solutions provided to meet the needs and requirements of Business applications and/or supporting solutions, applying relevant Group / AXA Services standards
- Build and maintain both worldwide Architecture Landscape and Architecture Maturity Model(s)
- Contribute to Technology/Architecture CTO Community and Technology Governance of the Group covering global and local dimensions, which includes ensuring design and solution choices made in the entities are conform to Group Strategy in order to secure Group interests over the long-term
- Manage evaluation, development, and deployment of relevant technologies
- Propose a Reference Architecture for scalable and maintainable solutions, simplify implementation, facilitate convergence/reuse, ensure safety and reduce costs.
- Check compliance of all solutions with the rules and principles that have been defined by AXA. Participate actively in the architecture governance
- Provide support to all Group IT supporting functions, in particular for Procurement and Finance for large negotiations or assets.
PROFILE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Expert knowledge in enterprise architecture and IT strategy, especially on Datacenter & Cloud Network, LAN/WAN, and on IP services (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
- Ability to execute evolution of the enterprise architecture through strategic thinking, in addition to possessing strong business, technical, and financial acumen.
- Expertise in the areas of analysis, critical thinking and decision making, information systems knowledge, innovation, knowledge of emerging technology, planning, risk management, systems thinking, application rationalization/TCO, IT Security, and technical problem-solving.
- Strong skills in influence, consultation, and negotiating ability
- Excellent knowledge of Market solutions, and similar companies infrastructure models
- Leadership – Exhibits strong results orientation, change leadership, adaptability, and the ability to drive collaborative behavior.
- Vision –Enterprise Architect demonstrates architectural vision and beliefs and is able to express them clearly, champion them, and debate his point of view in online forums or in-person workshops.
- Communication skills – Exhibits strong skills in listening, spoken and written communication, collaboration, and the ability to work in a global team. Enterprise Architects are expected to have the ability to understand and discuss with both senior management and IT experts and explain in clear language complicated architectural concepts and strategies.
- Openness and reaching out – Strong human relationship skills, exhibit curiosity and can see opportunities in situations, not just problems.
- International profile – A proven ability to work effectively in an international environment. In addition, exhibits a strong proficiency in English.
- Strong experience in IT Strategy, and solution architecture (8+ years), especially in the Network area
- Experience in solutions architecture designs for very large projects/environments in particular in a specific specialist domain
- Strong change management skills with practical experience of transformation in an international environment
- Financials (principles, business cases, budgeting, business-planning, savings)
- Strives for excellence with deliverables of high quality and ability to work in sometimes tight planning
- Demonstrates to be a strong team member with a collaborative mindset.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.