Engineering Excellence Lead (F/M)
The Group Engineering Excellence team works within the Technology Office to promote modern and software engineering practices within AXA on all the three pillars of Engineering Excellence: people, standards & collaboration in close collaboration with Group Emerging Technologies & Data.
The Engineering Excellence team, together with the global & local Software Engineering Communities, CTO/Chief Architects community & OpCo’s engineering representatives, will define & maintain the AXA Engineering Standards aligned with other transversal initiatives and current market practices. In parallel of establishing these standards, the team will actively promote collaborative models and support Inner / Open Source initiatives across the group and engage with both internal and external communities of practice (CoP).
This role is both hands-on, software engineering community and events leading & organization and actively supporting AXA entities on raising their Software Engineering maturity in any of the pillars.
• Help deliver the AXA Engineering Standards and play an active role on its governance together with the AXA Software Engineering Communities. Actively contribute to keep these standards up-to-date and aligned to market trends.
• Align several stakeholders to defined these standards and discuss / valdiate them with chief architects / CTOs, with relevant other parties (legal, security, ...) and with the engineers across the organisation.
• Collaborate with other areas of the Technology Office: architecture, security, identity, network, workplace, … to identify the current issues for software engineers and software engineering in general and define how to solve or mitigate them.
• Identify local or global knowledge gaps and define training material, either internal or third-party, for software engineers to address these gaps.
• Create & iterate the Software Engineering Vision for AXA.
• Ensure new software development activities are consistent with the defined guidelines and challenge activities not aligned with them. Align with local architecture review boards and global architecture review boards to include & maintain AXA Software Engineering Standards on their context.
• Adopt a hands-on position when required to build technical demonstrations and examples and co-develop them with other engineers.
Activites realted to Engineering Excellence and Communities & Collaboration Models
• Lead & animate the global AXA Software Engineering Community. Making sure there is enough content – internal & external, it is relevant to AXA and it is aligned with market trends.
• Engage with local & transversal software development communities within AXA and seek for collaboration opportunities between them.
• Play an active role on the AXA Open Source Program definition and governance.
• Understand the benefits, risks and implications of inner / open source models and advocate them to other AXA entities through their software development communities.
• Identify projects to inner / open source across the organization and support their development teams to do so. Encourage collaborating models whenever makes sense and it is possible.
• Promote & maintain the inner / open source guidelines and process to provide a simple framework for those entities that are willing to share.
• Lead and organize local and global engineering events together with other teams and external support (if applicable).
• Evaluate the current software engineering maturity level of all AXA entities and jointly define & iterate the future vision. Support development teams on the adoption of the defined guidelines & standards and raise their maturity on their weaker points.
• Help identifying global software engineering issues across the company and prioritize those with maximum global impact.
• Co-develop internal tools, scripts, dashboards to help visualize data or promote discoverability of inner-source and shared projects.
• Help identify trainings & learnings for engineers across the company.
• Act as a bridge between other communities such as One Security, Digital Sustainability & Accessibility/Kaledoiscope and identify & promote software engineering topics.
SKILLS & PROFICIENCY LEVELS
Proficiency (years of experience)
- 5+ years in the job
- 10+ in the domain
- Networking Leadership
- Transforming & Execution leadership
- Digital agility and tools
- DevOps basics
- Cloud platforms & environment
- Change & syakeholder management
- Listening & communicating
- Collaborative working
- Community management
- Software collaborative models
- S-SDLC process
- Full stack development concepts
- Design thinking & open minded
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.