Senior Procurement Professional
- To build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and respective Leadership members at Group Operations (GO) and XL (strong focus on Axa XL contract integrations for the first 6-12 months and supporting the Mexico team on important strategic initiatives).
- Procurement role focused on US and MX contract negotiations, vendor management, and support aspects of strategy and execution
- Direct and oversee Mexico-team of 4 insuring positive direction towards GO goals and achievement of bottom line savings targets.
- Direct Management of strategic supplier procurement activities with the goal to manage risk, facilitate increased efficiency and improved performance
- Execute the Strategic Sourcing vision by developing long term strategic plans over the portfolio spend and leading the execution of sourcing to deliver profitability / savings
- Develop key stakeholder relationships to ensure that the strategies are aligned to current and future business needs, that the supply base can support the strategies, and overall supply risk is managed
- Act as a key member of the procurement team responsible for developing and implementing category strategies
- Use appropriate methods and resources to develop and maintain market awareness, including current and future market conditions
- Analyze spend data to advise on the development of the appropriate Procurement approach
- Lead the category management and application of strategic sourcing policies, procedures, and metrics in support of US/MX Procurement Department’s objectives
- Work with the leaders of other AXA entity Procurement functions to drive and direct sourcing and demand initiatives across GO in order to achieve financial benefits
- Create wide-ranging preferred vendor strategy based on supply market and category analysis together with an in-depth knowledge of organizational demand, needs and requirements
- Partner and coordinate with internal stakeholders to develop an understanding of their current and evolving needs to achieve GO annual savings targets.
- Ensure the perception of procurement at GO is as a facilitator and creative business partner.
- Provide guidance and direction to the team while working in an autonomous environment.
- Sponsor and participate in global strategic initiatives that align with team objectives
Previous sourcing experience of 5-7 years
Solid experience within strategic sourcing including but not limited to category level responsibilities in IT Professional, Software and Hardware categories.
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of IT Professional, Software and Hardware categories and supply markets
Working knowledge of technology software suppliers in security, marketing, development, database, etc.
Advanced knowledge of software and licensing contract terminology
Proven negotiation skills
Excellent project management skills
Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
Excellent relationship management skills
Strong Microsoft Office skills
Must be fluent in written and spoken English & Spanish
Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.