Diversity & Inclusion Manager
The incumbent will be responsible to support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of AXA IM’s diversity and inclusion strategy, incorporating both AXA IM and AXA Group requirements and interests.
Through the delivery of a range of initiatives against a strategic roadmap, the desired outcome is to create an inclusive working environment where our people are able to be their whole authentic selves to work and where difference is leveraged as an strategic asset at all levels across the business.
- AXA IM has made the choice to place sustainability at the centre of its priorities. This materialises in our goal to enhance AXA IM’s role in society which covers our responsibility not only as an investor but also as an employer and as a business. For our clients, this means doing business with one of the world’s most responsible asset managers. For our employees, this means being associated with a company that aims to be among the most inspiring places to work, where everyone can bring their whole selves.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and implementation of a strategy that will build a culture of inclusion across the business where everyone is able to bring their authentic selves to work, identifying priority areas and phases of work according to business priorities and AXA Group D&I strategy
- Work with the wider Talent team, as well as broader HR and business teams to build inclusive practices across the organisation and the employee lifecycle
- Research and advise on current and emerging diversity and inclusion trends and issues across our various operating regions and create appropriate programmes to address these, being mindful of taking employees and managers along on the journey at the appropriate pace
- Work closely with Corporate Communications & Corporate Responsibility, Responsible Investment, Marketing and ESG/Impact Investing teams in particular to promote a holistic and seamless approach to D&I at AXA IM not only as an investor but also as an employer and as a business
- Work closely with the AXA Group Diversity & Inclusion team and other AXA entities to leverage Group initiatives and best practices for the benefit of AXA IM, its employees and clients
- Review policies and procedures ensuring that these are all inclusive and in line with best practices
- Establish appropriate methods e.g. internal employee networks, external partnerships, to leverage the appetite of employees to collaborate and develop organisation-wide inclusion practices
- Work with the HRIS team to define robust mechanisms for regular reporting MI / data relating to diversity and inclusion
- Diploma degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent experience
- A breadth of professional experience in Human Resources roles
- Demonstrated experience and/or a high-level of interest and enthusiasm for engagement topics (diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and wellbeing)
- Demonstrated experience in learning and development is also desirable
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work well under pressure and with numerous and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Excellent communicator with ability to persuade and influence decision makers. Strongly client focused with a global mind-set
- Strategic thinker, ability to align organisational objectives to talent activities and initiatives
- Proven ability to create relationships based on trust, client-focus and a partnership approach, as there will be the need to manage multiple stakeholders and influence people outside of the team
- Ability to create high standard proposals and presentations, especially in PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to understand, interpret and act on information promptly and effectively
- Able to maintain high-levels of confidentiality, sharing information and data only as appropriate and to agreed stakeholders
- Excellent ability to work with multiple pieces of data to a high-level of accuracy. Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to challenge inconsistencies or errors appropriately to ensure data integrity, knowledge of Excel and some numerical ability would be desirable
- Mastery of Office suite
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.