Internship - Communications and Engagement, European Markets Intern - November 2021
Start date: November 2021 for 6 months
We seek a dynamic communications officer to assist communications and engagement efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of the European Markets business while working in a highly dynamic work environment. The Communications officer will assist the Communications Manager in implementing organizational communications and engagement strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a project-mode to fulfil these goals and initiatives related to communications, programs and events.
List the appropriate figures, which reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning the job (annual turnover, budget, headcount…).
Europe markets consist of the 6 largest countries of the France excluding France i.e. Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, UK & Ireland, Italy and Spain
Europe contribution is 35 billion revenues (35% of Group), 2.5 billion earning (40% of Group) and is the largest market contributor to the Group
3. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
All jobs are accountable for producing a range of key contributions or responsibilities (usually between 4 to 8). Each key accountability statement can be divided into 2 parts: expected contributions (what needs to be achieved?) and major actions to achieve the contribution.
Key accountabilities and major related actions:
1. Assist in planning, writing articles and managing #EuropeOnTheMove.
a. Key actions to achieve: (i) Update and maintain #EuropeOnTheMove website using Teams with current events, relevant news, etc; (ii) Update the entity contacts and story sources, building narratives on an ongoing basis
b. Results expected: (i) Set and coordinate properly the process for the newsletter; (ii) Document and resolve issues on a timely basis, operating on a transparent and agile way in the development of the issues
2. Provide input for creative communications strategies and campaigns for EM town hall events
a. Key actions to achieve: manage event calendars, track and follow up on WBS tasks;
Collaborate with entity work staff on ideas, directions, logistics and communications
b. Results expected: Proactive follow up of all activities
3. Prepare and write strategic communication articles
a. Key actions to achieve: Drafting preliminary structure and outlines for strategic stories and coordinating with entities for existing material to draw from, news articles, etc.
b. Result Expected: Prepare communication documents to the satisfaction of the stakeholders, meeting key deadlines and being compliant with appropriate tone and templates
List the key expectations in terms of skills and behaviors necessary to hold the job.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design highly desired
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Personal and behavioral skills:
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement
- Action-oriented, delivery-focused mindset and project management skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to summarize and select relevant information
- Ability to interact with a variety of different correspondents (in operating entities, within and outside the Group, etc.) in a multi-cultural context
- Ability to deal with high volume and complex workload
- Ability to prioritize and deal with conflicting priorities daily using discretion and professionalism at all times
List any relevant information to better understand the job expectations.
Experience needed :
- Skills in project management
- Strong interest in innovations and tools
- Fluent English
- Good team spirit and good interpersonal skills
- Rigorous & Hard-working
- Superior analytical skills
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 107 million customers.
The headquarters of the AXA Group, based in Paris 8th, brings together the Group's corporate activities. It coordinates the various entities with the Group's strategy, and is responsible for managing international projects. The headquarters has approximately 800 employees and is distinguished by its strong international culture (39 nationalities).
We provide you regular career opportunities in international teams. If you want to join us, don’t hesitate to apply !
Information provided by applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality and may be used exclusively for recruitment processes.