The Mission :
Provide the means and the measures for designing and developing all the quality aspects of a software solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solution by taking ownership of test planning, design & analysis, preparation, execution, reporting and monitoring.
Main Responsibilities :
Commit to AXA Group Emerging Technology & Data (GETD) best practices:
- Follow established (organizational) QA policies, processes and standards.
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, and AXA Group methodologies and standards.
Leverage on team collaboration to:
- Define the project test strategy and planning in collaboration with QA Manager, engineers and stakeholders.
- Partner with engineers (developers, QAs, etc.), Product Owners and UX/UI designers to:
- Identify use cases and, if needed, help to define the related requirements or acceptance criteria.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of the requirements.
- Design functional and non-functional test cases (according to the agreed scope).
Deliver with quality:
- Design, document and maintain comprehensive and well-structured application test plans, test cases and test data based on AXA’s main delivered technologies, product requirements and technical specifications.
- Execute planned test cases for every developed feature in order to identify, document, track, and resolve software failures to be corrected according to their priority.
- Perform regression tests to ensure adequate test coverage is achieved and quality goals are met for both sprints and releases.
Lead the defect management process:
- Identify any potential quality issues detected within the design, and development processes, escalating them to management when necessary.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects or issues effectively and timely to development and management teams via issue tracking tools and/or communication channels (Jira, Teams, email, etc.).
- Verify defects once they have fixed.
Report and Monitor:
- Create sufficient visibility/reporting for stakeholders and management to understand the status of testing activities at any given time.
- Track current progress of testing activities, finding and tracking test metrics, estimating improvement actions based on the test metrics results and timely share those actions with concerned team as well as stakeholders.
Spread knowledge about the product:
- Maintain and share subject matter knowledge on the product and/or business process associated with the application.
- Provide application instructions for stakeholders if necessary.
- Be available for holding a demo/sprint review with stakeholders when needed.
Be responsible of automation activities:
- Provide the scripting and maintenance of the automated tests in the chosen framework.
- Perform log analysis for failed automated tests.
Give added value to QA process:
- Proactively contribute to the improvement of existing QA processes and procedures, supply productive feedback and foster the implementation of agreed improvements in assigned assets.
- Collaborate with engineers and stakeholders in order to improve product quality.
- Participate in control sessions with QA Manager in order to review QA activities, identify improvement actions and define improvement plans.
Years of experience as a QA Engineer with hands-on testing / QA experience:
- 1-2 for Associate profiles.
- 3-7 for Senior profiles.
- +8 for Principal profiles.
- Strong capacity to understand QA vision that goes beyond pure testing activities.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Foster communication between all team members/roles to facilitate analysis and to favor a common understanding of the requirements.
- Great ability to design test cases by using business language.
- Strong understanding of test coverage and test data and how to obtain and vary both based on the related test strategy and scope.
- Focus of defect prevention.
- Strong experience in managing defects (reporting, follow-up, etc.).
- Experience in consistently delivering against agreed deadlines.
- Good level of English (writing and speaking)
- Ability to mentor and share knowledge with other team members.
- Excellent soft skills such as reporting, communication, collaboration, etc.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
- Experience with Gherkin language for test cases design.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Good familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB).
- Prior exposure to working with insurance or finance sector.
- Certificate in software testing (ISTQB Foundation, Certified Agile Tester).
- Experience with front-end testing and automation.
- Experience with back-end testing and automation.
- Experience with Git.
- Be familiar with DevOps mindset.
- Experience with environment virtualization.
- Be familiar with performance test tools.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.