VIE - Junior Software Developer, Investment Technology
AXA Rosenberg is a global equity investment manager within the AXA Investment Managers group of companies, with offices located in major financial markets worldwide. The company manages individual country, regional and global strategies for public and private pension funds, endowments and foundations for investors in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Within AXA Rosenberg, the Infrastructure team is in charge of building the technology required to build the quantitative investment platform. The platform is built around distributed services via agile processes. The Infrastructure team of has members in Orinda (California), London (UK) and Singapore. They also support other development teams with architecture, design, development and testing across all business areas (data acquisition and integration, modeling, portfolio management, trading and operations).
*VIE contract is a French International Internship Program, for which only EEA (European Economic Area) citizens are eligible
• Bootstrapping new applications for other teams (architecture, design, setup repo, CI/CD)
• Making the software development cycle effective and productive for all other developers
• Streamlining the team’s development environment (package management, build tools)
• Building our in-house frameworks for cross-cutting concerns across all applications
• Upgrading code to the latest version of the framework and libraries across any application
• Setting up and maintaining continuous builds and deployments (CI/CD)
• Building quality and security monitoring tools
• Testing new frameworks, libraries and tools with proofs of concept
• Writing and automating tests in code
• Troubleshooting and providing support to other teams when needed (such as performance)
• Master in Computer Science or equivalent (BAC+5)
• Interested in Finance and quantitative asset management
• Solid problem solving skills
• Good understanding of algorithms, data-structures, and computer fundamentals
• Solid background in object-oriented software development and testing (C# / .NET Core is ideal)
• Relational Databases (SQL and data modelling)
• Good understanding of the software development lifecycle with an agile methodology
• Good understanding of source control using Git is preferred
• Fluent English is mandatory
• Good writing and communication skills
• Passion for software development
• Strong ethics
• Open minded, works well with others
• Self-starter, organized, able to self-prioritize, plan and communicate progress
• Solid background with Mathematics and Statistics is a plus (incl. software such as Matlab or Python)
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.