Procurement Program Manager (M&A Practice)
The Program Manager is a flexible, fast learning, practical professional with strong social and analytical skills, whose
role has specific objectives:
- Be the entry point for divested/acquired Entities for their external spend synergies with AXA Group whether on IT, Claims, Professional Services or General expenses
- Be knowledgeable of all Group Procurement category strategies and business challenges to be able to support new teams or exiting teams in synergies delivery, enable acquired entities/partners to build consistent and lasting connections with AXA stakeholders (whether in Entity acquiring or at group level) and ensure right onboarding in AXA’s sourcing & operational roadmap
- Foster opportunities assessment and enforce business case development whenever needed thanks to new Entity data acquisition and/or stakeholder’s intimacy
- Induce simplification across procurement/operations in AXA as a possible outcome of integration / divestment & identify opportunities for improvement for sourcing & procurement practices
- Develop M&A Sourcing & Procurement best practices in conjunction with GPS teams in targeted areas
- Be able to run different integration/decoupling operations at the same time, across multiples business lines and geographies
- Liaise as much as need be with other peers in Group procurement/Group Legal to raise awareness and communicate about topics of interest and/or induced needed change in templates, processes, policies or categories strategies
Scope: It embeds IT/ Claims/Non IT & Non claims procurement activities, as also Extended workforce, procurement & outsourcing processes, procurement tools, legal templates and approaches, procurement data and target operating models.
Team structure: the position is part of the GPS M&A practice team taking the lead on acquisition/divestiture and any form of partnership with capital participation in a form or in another. The position is a program manager position, without direct management but with indirect management of many different stakeholders, on which the program manager has no direct management or formal authority
The Program Manager must combine technical and soft skills in a global, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Business / commercial thinking with forward view skills
- Broad business acumen to understand all GPS categories in a decentralized environment
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers (BAU/projects) and how to drive suppliers’ relationships
- Good knowledge of AXA contractual constraints and set up and real negotiation skills
- Good ability to explain, to communicate and to federate
- Analytical skills to capture and structure large quantities of information, focus on the relevant elements to target improvement opportunities, even in non-familiar domains
- Ability to articulate and synthesize findings and recommendations and to communicate efficiently towards different audiences
- Practical, proactive and hands-on approach to deliver concrete results
- English - Fluent in speaking and writing
- Able to think strategically and challenge the status quo
- Relationship management skills – internal and external – in a multicultural environment to be able to build relationships and/or deal with very different personalities at various hierarchy / seniority levels and various organizations / countries / cultures
- Influence and convincing skills vis-à-vis peers and senior stakeholders to work & get results in international teams with no hierarchical direct structures
- Strong collaborative and change management skills
- Ability to speak up and fight for one’s ideas
- Customer orientation driven
- Flexibility to adapt fast to changing requirements and priorities
- Persistent way of working and rigorous. Resilience while facing barriers and insufficient cooperation
- Not afraid of unclear and ambiguous situations where you need to invent the path for success
- Ability to tailor communication to varying audiences, quickly incorporate feedback and adjust accordingly
- Listening skills and humility
- Autonomy is a given
- Significant years of professional experience required (10 to 12 years minimum), preferably within AXA and in other companies to have concrete understanding of diverse working environments and diverse working cultures
- Practical experience in different procurement and sourcing categories
- Involvement in projects with significant supplier engagement
- Experience working in a matrix & international environment
- Experience in working with multi country stakeholders and CPOs
- Experience in transformation context is a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.