Internal Control Officer
Our mission at AXA is to act for human progress by protecting what matters. We have to move from a perceived payer of claims to a strong partner in life for our customers. Thus, our role as Group Operations must be to support and to empower all AXA teams in the best way to achieve together this meaningful aspiration.
Our concrete goals are:
- Reinforce and realize our value creation for the global AXA organization,
- Support and foster innovation across AXA in a close alignment and teaming with Group Business Innovation,
- Embed simplicity and empowerment in our day to day working as well as ensure that we powerfully contribute to AXA’s mission and strategy.
AXA Group Operations teams are composed by:
- IT: Define AXA´s global IT Strategy, drive IT convergence between the entities and deliver shared IT services to the entities
- Group Security: Protect our people, stakeholders and brand by securing information assets and managing cyber risk, physical security as well as operations resilience
- Technology Innovation: Identify scalable cutting-edge technologies and develop use-cases on selected disruptive technologies with entities
- Group Procurement: Define AXA´s bold procurement strategy, set group guidelines and standards, manage relationships with strategic suppliers as well as accelerate insurance procurement
- General Secretary: Ensure Governance for Group Operations, act as second line of defense, foster compliance culture and Risk & Control awareness.
- Group Strategic Program Management: Ensure the alignment of the global project portfolio with the group strategy, monitor and support the implementation and performance of strategic projects
- AXA Business Services: Provide competitive shared services capabilities aligned with the business priorities of AXA stakeholders
- Group Operations Tranformation: Accelerate the agile cultural transformation in Group Operations, establish and execute a common people and communication strategy for the Group Operations team
PRESENTATION OF THE CONTEXT AND TEAM
The General Secretary Department at Group Operations regroups the transversal functions in the areas of Legal, Governance, Compliance, Data Privacy, Risk, Internal Control and Remediation. They are composed of 5 teams with respective accountabilities:
- Legal & Governance
- Compliance & Data Privacy
- Risk & Control
- Remediation, Reporting & Projects
The Risk & Control team where the position is situated has many missions:
- Improve Risk awareness at all levels of the organization and develop a strong Risk Culture (Risk and Data Privacy by design principles, especially into Products and Projects lifecycles)
- Define and implement the Risk Framework for Group Operations, ensuring risks are properly managed and coordinating the Risk Management network
- Deploy the internal control framework across Group Operations (including the Internal Financial Control program and reporting)
Risk & Control referentials have been recently centralized in a global tool for most of AXA entities, SCALA.
POSITION MISSION & MAIN ACTIVITIES
The Internal Control Officer will be part of the Internal Control team, where he/she will participate in the delivery of internal control testing plan, in relation with Group Operations 1st lines teams and with some AXA entities partners.
Domain of activities:
- Global Internal Control framework and program: Support 1st line managers and teams to define the approach to describe and operate controls, performing some 2nd line control activities
- IT General Controls: Elaborate testing plan for a specific scope, ensure testing interviews, evidences gathering and documentation of opinion. Participate in reporting to Group Internal Control team, and to other partners when relevant.
- Internal Financial Control Program: Specific and more granular approach than the Internal Control over the financial statements, included in the global testing plan but with specific deadlines and reporting partners. Each IC Officer participates to the test plan delivery and to the regulatory reports to Group and to the involved AXA Entities.
- Build and maintain relationship with 1st lines contact to elaborate test plan, bring support over operational actions related to internal control and definition of framework within each department under his/her responsibility.
- Execute testing plan: organize and manage interviews, request and review evidences, document findings following the methodology and report opinions through testing templates and global tool.
- Identify, analyze and report deficiencies that may arise during testing phase.
- Learn, execute and share Group methodology on testing and reporting topics. Participate in team exchange on methodology topic for continuous improvement.
- Ensure relationships with partners for IC and IFC activities: liaise with entities to report on IFC progress, liaise with external audit during testing phase to align the calendar and support 1st lines in relation with external audit teams.
PROFILE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- +3 years of audit or internal control.
- Strong knowledge of IT related activities and controls such cybersecurity, Portfolio Project Management, management of IT operations (change, incident management …)
- Certification recommended: CISA
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrate rigor, high quality of deliverables and respect of deadlines
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders including managers, external auditors
- Communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Appetence to work within an international and intercultural environment
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.