AWS Cloud SME (F/M)
AXA is a federation of insurance companies and the Cloud Product Business Unit of AXA Group IT was launched in order to accelerate and support the evolution of AXA towards becoming a Tech company. It aims at enabling AXA companies to rapidly develop end-to-end innovative cloud solutions (using ML/AI/Foundations or other any other AWS services) by offering to the end customers services that are perfectly aligned to their needs.
If you are highly motivated to help build and scale AWS practices; our AWS Competency Center central team is the place for the following mission consisting of:
- Work with AXA companies “our customers” who demand the highest quality and reliability for their needs in AWS services
- Work with group architects to define strategy, architectures and roadmap for enabling AWS services
- Invent and simplify to scale best in class security with Security, Compliance & Audit teams to enable our customer to accelerate on their AWS journey
- Define and build Public IaaS for AXA entities (network, security, Compute, DB etc…)
- Identify and build new products and features
- Providing level 3 technical support on AWS services (Billing, Organizations, VPC, S3, RDS, etc…)
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert for solution engineering, service configuration, fine tuning and overall implementation of AWS services
- Collaborate with operational and project teams to design and deliver AWS services according to schedule
- Create and maintain a Service Catalog and design documentation for AWS services
- Provide tier 3 support to AXA Tech teams on day to day support issues, break/fix issues, and scheduled maintenance, if needed
- Maintain close relationship with Amazon Web Services for new products and features.
DOMAINS OF RESPONSABILITY
Work with AXA Companies to identify the AWS services required to enable business applications and data in the AWS cloud, help ensure the usage of leading practices in terms of architecture, security and integration with the existing AXA landscape. Contribute to ensure AXA entities are onboarding projects into AWS by leveraging the existing and extended AWS services and capabilities of the AWS Competency Center.
Main objectives will be met if:
- Support business development activities by presenting AWS Competency Center capabilities & benefits (presentation and demo) but also contributing to help build additional products and services
- AXA AWS Account Foundation (Landing Zone) is fully automated, deployed and maintained in all AXA companies
- Support AXA AWS Service catalog where services are packaged to enable Local Cloud Broker and DevOps team autonomy to deploy and integrate in support of their business application and project needs
- Support audit remediations and identify additional controls and guardrails that should be put in place to ensure AXA use of AWS services in line with AXA cloud binding principles and security requirements
- Level 3 support and lifecycle services are provided on a timely and efficient manner
- Work packages, assets for AWS are delivered on time and meet the needs of both platform operations teams and developers
- Train and learn to continuously define and promote leading practices around AWS services
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, (or) 5+ years’ equivalent technology experience
- 3 + years experience building scalable event response utilities and tools
- 5 years’ experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, application DevOps or security
- 3+ years experience in host, network and application DevopSecOps
- 2+ years experience building automated tools
- 2 + years’ experience in Cloud technologies and specifically AWS services
- Ability to support mission critical, highly available, high volume operational environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- At minima Fluent in English (nice if Fluent French)
- Ability to work in an international context, with remote teams, in a matrix organization
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, as well as independently
- Ability to interact with clients on a regular basis
- Ability to perform pre-sales activity
- Commitment for occasional on-call duties
- Commitment for occasional international travels (Europe, US & Asia) to support new projects.
Nice to have
- Knowledge in container technologies (RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in solution architectures (disaster recovery, high-availability)
- Knowledge of service management
- Familiarity with ITIL, configuration, capacity and change management
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.