Underwriter - Property & Casualty
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Property and Casuality Underwiter to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis, as we experience an exciting growth trajectory and invest in our workforce of the future. At AXA UK, we're adopting a Hybrid way of working, empowering our people to balance their time between home and the Reading Commercial office in a way that works best for them, their team, and our customers. We're very happy to talk flexible working, including condensed hours.
We're looking for experienced Underwriters with proven underwriting capability and the skills to develop relationships and lead negotiations with brokers and clients. As part of AXA Commercial, our Reading office manages commercial business for our local brokers covering a wide geographical area (including Berkshire, Hampshire, up to North London and including the South Coast) and we have profitably grown these accounts.
This is an exciting time to be joining AXA Reading, which is led by a leadership team each with over 100 years’ of collective experience in the insurance industry. Karen Young, Operations Manager said:
“I’m looking for Underwriters who are looking for a new challenge, it’s a great opportunity as we have a strong team and are really proud of our technical capability and the profitable contribution that Reading has made and continues to make to AXA Commercial. There is lots to get involved in: complex and interesting risks, brokers who want to partner with us and a great team who enjoy what they do and support one another’’.
What you'll be doing:
- Underwrite business profitably, accurately, consistently and in line with established underwriting practices, using the full range of appetite and tools available.
- Build trading relationships with brokers, through visits and large case liaison, to maximise financial results and maintain high retention of existing business.
- Build a reputation as a trading expert with a panel of intermediaries and build confidence in the branch ability through interaction with our Underwriting Technical Centre.
- Contribute to meetings with brokers and end customers to portray AXA capabilities and deliver excellent service to existing customers.
- Demonstrate contribution to loss ratio control by effectively implementing branch UW controls.
- Identify poorly performing accounts and investigate reasons for lack of retention. Agree and implement actions with Senior Underwriter, TTM & AM to increase retention.
- Support SME Hub colleagues in building trading relationships with intermediaries to enable a consistent service to be delivered.
At AXA we are committed to developing our employees, so you can be the best that you can be and contribute to the ongoing success of our business. We need professionals with the right skills and knowledge across all our business areas and would happily support you gaining the ACII qualification, to include 5 days study leave, costs of study and annual subscription cost. If you’re looking to join a dynamic team and develop your career within a supportive and empowering environment this could be the job for you.
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable.
- Property and Casuality underwriting experience.
- Strong trading capability, commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment.
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly).
- You’ll need to be a proactive individual with strong decision-making skills and able to role model our AXA Values.
- Strong analytical skills with proven experience of account monitoring and action planning. Pragmatic decision making with good numerical reasoning skills.
- Experience of working in teams and a successful record of delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
This position has been defined as an Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) role under the IDD regime which means that in addition to pre-employment screening checks, the successful candidate will be subject to background screening every 4 years with an annual declaration in interim years.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
One of the best things about joining AXA is our rewards package. At AXA UK, we’re appreciative of the people who work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer contributions)
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 23 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefits
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you.
At AXA, we want to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds. As a financial services company, all successful candidates will be subject to preemployment checks, so we can ensure regulatory compliance.
To apply, click ‘Apply Now’ and you’ll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you require an alternative method of applying or would like to discuss this role further, please send an email to email@example.com.