Senior Specialist, Internal Audit
AXA Internal Audit exists to help the Board and Executive Management protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organisation by providing an independent and objective assurance activity designed to add value and improve the organisation’s operations. It helps the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes, whilst remaining in line with the recognised professional standards for internal audit.
Ability to communicate and explain, in a convincing manner, sharing with shareholders in a clear and transparent way that enables them to easily understand and improve.
- Executes assigned internal audit tests to time and quality standards in line with Group and IIA standards and in line with the approved audit plan.
- Assists in the development of internal audit programmes.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of key business risks and regulatory requirements.
- Interacts efficiently and empathetically with management during audit fieldwork.
- Ensures application of GIA (group internal audit) standards/CAPT Methodology during audit reviews
- Provide value adding recommendations for improvement in the overall controls environment.
- Putting root cause analysis and data analytics as one of the key drivers in the issue identification.
- Prepare high quality, clear reports and summaries , taking into account different stakeholder needs.
- Proactively track audit issue remediation sharing updates with management and reporting regularly on progress.
- Is responsible for their own professional development and pro-actively identifies relevant training and development needs, and develops their own professional network.
- Assists Head of Internal Audit or other senior members in the following activities:
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to the region as well as audit committee papers
- Special investigations in line with the AXA investigation methodology
- University Degree with recognised Accounting (CPA, CA, CMA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) qualification.
- Minimum 3 years of audit related working experience, prefrably with insurance industry exposure.
- Experince with work related to data analysis using Excel VBA, Tableau or any other tool is strongly preferred.
- Independent, analytical and positive mind, excellent intrepersonal and communication skills, ability to deal with people at all levels of seniority.
- Possess good report writing skills
AXA Insurance is part of the AXA group, a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 160,000 employees serving 108 million clients in 57 countries.
Present in Singapore since 1969, AXA Insurance has been serving the general and life insurance needs of individuals and companies in Singapore through a wide range of innovative products. As one of the top global insurers in Singapore, AXA Insurance protects more than a third of a million customers in Singapore. As a company whose business is about protecting people, AXA Insurance is committed to building a stronger and safer society by empowering customers to live better lives.
For more information, please visit www.axa.com.sgDiscover a stimulating environment, based on excellence on a global scale. Are innovation and initiative important to you? Do you focus on solutions? Are you customer-orientated? We offer a wealth of career opportunities and a wide variety of positions in many fields. We want our employees to enjoy fulfilling careers and keep moving their careers in the right direction, whether at home or across the globe.
Our size and diversity of activities means our people have many opportunities to evolve, by moving roles cross-functionally or internationally, based on their performance and aspirations. At AXA, all work and no play isn’t our way. We’re creating the future with more inclusive, agile work environments. Speak to us to find out more.