Virtual Desktop Specialist
The Virtual Desktop, with its supporting tools and dedicated infrastructure is a critical service to the UK,CH and other customers, and provides the core of the desktop platform. The role will require interaction with the tiered support chain and senior technical players in AXA Group Operations and the Business units.
To provide specialist virtual desktop technical capability and delivery within the Workplace Virtualisation team including design, integration of new and future technologies, project and BAU support.
Working closely with other Workplace & Infrastructure technical,project and product, this role will involve the delivery of strategic direction and expansion of the AXA Virtual desktop infrastructure as well as a strong design and integration mind-set to support any future move to a true cloud based service.
You are part of an international Virtual Workplace team consisting out of 30+ virtual desktop experts managing 20+ Citrix farms for 30.000+ users.
Your mission will be to contribute significantly to and assist with the delivery and maintenance of the Virtual Desktop roadmap, in conjunction with relevant Tech Specialists & architects:
- Develop the virtual desktop and application hosting offerings to support local & global requirements.
- Develop the business cases for usage of the correct desktop platforms to local and global customers.
- Ensure all relevant project proposals align with the global strategy and are optimised for the end users.
- Assist Tech specialists within the team providing guidance, support and consultancy
- Maintain expertise, working with other AXA Group Operations teams plus with third parties to keep up to date with internal strategy and vendor current and future technologies and strategies
- Keep track of technical debt and provide solutions to mitigate.
Key Performance indicators:
Here is what we will expect from you :
- Technical rollout timescales are devised and delivered OTOBOS
- Client project delivery is completed within project timelines
- Third line support provided to SLA and with appropriate knowledge sharing
- Cost reduction targets are identified and met within specified timescales
- Reporting is timely and accurate, and where possible automated
- Evidence of consultancy to OpCo teams, regular minuted meetings, joint action plans, shared project proposals, etc.
- Evidence of maintaining technical knowledge, eg course attendance, maintenance of consultancy qualification, attendance at vendor open days and product presentations
The impact of your job:
- You will be directly responsible for :
- UK – 9000 User virtual desktop sessions under VDI & SBC
- CH – 1400 User virtual desktop sessions under VDI & SBC
- You will provide some services to users with hosted desktop in India (Cap Gemini), CEE, Poland, etc.
- Consultancy to users not currently on AXA Group Operations managed services
- Swiftcover, Architas
- You will provide support for all AXA GO managed virtual desktops world wide :
- 30.000 Users worldwide.
- Proven experience of working within a project environment providing technical leadership, design and performance enhancement
- Proven experience in understanding and utilising new technology in this environment and in identifying and resolving problems
- Solution design experience.
- Must have a strong experience & understanding of the following technologies:
- Citrix Xen Desktop 7.x plus legacy products
- Citrix Cloud
- Active Directory
-Windows 10, Windows 7 & Windows Server 2008 > 2016
- Deep technical knowledge and experience the following technologies required:
- Broader Citrix product knowledge including Storefront & Netscaler
- Citrix products that supplement XenApp and XenDesktop
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments incl ESX
- Application Virtualisation using Microsoft App-V
- Experience of management of key technology vendors at a senior level to ensure adequate support and provision of service
- Strategic understanding of broad range of Virtual Desktop technologies
- Ability to communicate ideas & solutions to audiences of all levels and nationalities, adapting style accordingly.
- Ability to pass on relevant I.T. knowledge to others.
- Ability to lead the development of I.T. solutions in Virtual Workplace
- Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and customers
- SCCM Distribution process
- Ivanti Appsense management and integration
- Powershell scripting in the Citrix environment as required
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines.
- Expertise in Agile/Scrum is a plus
Some flexibility in working hours is required (occasional over-time or weekend/holiday work)
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.