The Risk Manager works with the Chief Risk Officer of AXA IM Inc. to provide local and global management with an independent view of all significant risks across the businesses managed from Greenwich and supports the Investment Guidelines Monitoring and oversight.
Risk identification and monitoring
- Under the responsibility of the Chief Risk Officer of AXA IM Inc., provide local management and Global Risk Management (GRM) with an independent view of consolidated risks of AXA IM Inc. on the entire scope of its risks (i.e. operational risks, investment, model), assisting in the following tasks:
- Identify risk factors of new funds, mandates or investment strategies, assess operational risks and mitigate them before launching of new funds, mandates or investment strategies. Propose risk limits and alert levels on significant risks.
- Monitor risks (market/credit risks, liquidity risks, stress testing…) and escalate key risks depending on market conditions. Asses consistency of investment processes with risk / return profile.
- In cooperation with the AXA IM Global Operational Risk team, cover risk assessments and quantification (risk heat map), controls certification and business continuity (BCP). Ensure respect governance for incident management, escalation and reporting.
Deployment of standards, methodologies and procedures
- Adapt and deploy risk standards, methodologies and procedures defined by AXA IM global risk management teams. Ensure proper documentation and recording of the standards, methodologies and procedures.
Relationship with Global Risk Management, Global Risk committees and other risk teams
- Provide an independent risk position on AXA IM Inc.'s new funds and mandates for review and approval in the Global New Business Committee, including risk limit propositions.
- Provide an independent risk position on AXA IM Inc.'s stock of funds and mandates for review by the Global Risk Committee and the Global Risk Management Board
Investment Guidelines Monitoring and oversight
- Analyze any pre-trade alerts
- Manage daily post trade alert reports; investigate and escalate potential issues where required
- Maintain databases and properly record any breaches
- Liaise with various internal parties including Fund Managers, Legal, Global Risk, and Client Relationship Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or quantitative analysis fields. Masters preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in risk or portfolio management functions (Asset Management or Investment Banking)
- Experience with risk management matters, operational risk matters and processes, as well as standards generally applied in the industry.
- Experience with investment risk and investment models either in a front office or a risk management position
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of risk management aspects relating to institutional asset management, including notably regulatory requirements, products, strategies, definition and compliance with investment constraints, and client aspects.
- Ability to construct own monitoring/reporting tools and to enhance existing tools (VBA, spreadsheet, Access/SQL)
- Presentation skills, including being able to handle non-technical audience
- Quantitative skills, including bond math, demonstrated via degree level qualification or appropriate professional qualification
- Capacity to negotiate with and challenge various departments on technical topics (portfolio management, technology): ability to step back and stay focused, solution finding, clear communication and escalation
- Knowledge of credit, and fixed income markets and techniques is a plus
- Sense of integrity and ethics
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability
- Ability and willingness to go beyond the immediate reach of responsibilities in a multinational environment
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.