QA Analyst Tester
Another exciting opportunity for QA Tester to join Global Insurance Management (GIM) in their Coventry office.
Global Insurance Management (GIM) designs and underwrites insurance products worldwide. In use across more than 50+ countries, by some of the leading brands in motor manufacturer, and insurance, the platform is the evolving result of more than 30 years consistent development to keep the program at the forefront of the industry as a leader.
As our new QA Tester, you will be responsible for the quality and testing of all changes made to the platform that make up our Global Dealer Networking software against the requirements and any issue logged and reported; ensuring that your broad workload is scheduled and managed effectively, the resulting functionality checked and tested, leading to projects being delivered on time.
Usually working proactively to meet ambitious deadlines, you will use your technical and communication skills to liaise with colleagues and clients to identify defects and translate non-technical specifications into technical terminology. You will be expected to be able to work confidently alone on smaller projects, or as a part of the development team on larger developments
What does my day look like?
- Contribute to, Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough end to testing of the platform including software development, program implementation, reporting.
- Perform thorough regression testing.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
You’ve got strong demonstrable knowledge of software QA methodologies, tool and processes with proven work experience in the following:
- Software quality assurance & development
- Automated testing tools
- Both white and black box testing
You’re also educated degree level in IT or equivalent
Remaining positive under pressure comes naturally to you, a quick change in your priorities and working in a demanding environment doesn’t faze you. You have an ability to encourage colleagues to achieve goals and pursue excellence. You understand the set expectations of internal and external clients, recognising when things go wrong then identifying opportunities for improvements while inspiring others around you to make innovative contributions for change.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
You’ll probably know a bit about AXA already. But AXA Partners? As our name suggests, we partner with – and represent – Business Partners and deliver tailored solutions on their behalf to support, protect and assist their customers. We are 9,200 committed people across the globe, providing exceptional service, comfort and security to our partners’ customers every single day.
AXA Global Insurance Management (GIM) Underwriting team are currently recruiting for an organised, process driven Reporting Analyst to join their team!
GIM designs and underwrites insurance products and solutions worldwide for leading brands and companies. Our in-house developed platform allows these products to be sold and managed around the world in more than 52 countries and 47 languages!
AXA UK have just been awarded the 24th Best Place to Work in the UK award by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here and what a great place it is to work! As an award-winning company we offer outstanding benefits.
• Permanent Health Insurance
• Holiday up to 25 days + bank holidays
• AXA Private healthcare
• Death in Service