This position requires in-depth knowledge to provide technical services incorporating strategy, design, development, delivery and maintenance of technology solutions to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will provide engineering and technical support for the company’s platform to ensure maximum performance reliability and security.
- The candidate will be involved in planning, scoping, provisioning and maintenance phases of enterprise virtualized environment.
- Participate in projects as a subject matter expert contributing to proposal and scoping, solution design, installation, integration (to front-end applications) as well as subsequent administration of the deployed systems.
- This position is considered as a level 3 engineer focus on project implementation, and will provide coaching to L2 Linux engineers for day to day operational activities.
- Performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of servers to the specifications of client proposals.
- Managing assigned projects components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Provide business-as-usual system support in areas of monitoring, tuning, backups and patching.
- Participate in periodic audit reviews and remediation exercises.
- Ensure that systems are secured according to Global Information Security guidelines.
- Participate in ad-hoc tasks as and when assigned by his/her Supervisor.
A Degree in Computing, IT or Engineering from a recognized tertiary institution.
Between 5 -7 years of IT experience in an enterprise production environment. Experience with working in high-availability environments is a plus.
Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organization skills required.
Must possess strong hands on knowledge on Linux based middleware, e.g. Weblogic, JBoss, Websphere, CA Siteminder, OpenLDAP, etc.
Must possess strong hands on system administration experience on RedHat Enterprise Linux, clustered environment, services running on Linux, e.g. Apache and shell scripting.
Preferred but not a must to have strong working knowledge and good troubleshooting experience of VMWare and relevant enterprise technologies including: Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory and VMware View.
Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal.
Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
A team player who can work independently with minimum supervision, experience in regional support scope will be an advantage.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Able to provide occasional after-business hours’ operational or project support when required.
Strong system administration experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Experience in virtualization technology experience (Vmware)
Experience in large heterogeneous Server infrastructure environment
Familiarity with ITIL, and configuration, capacity and change management
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.