Senior Data Engineer
Data is a key part of AXA’s journey “from Payer to Partner”, and its transformation to a Data Driven company. To succeed in this journey, AXA Partners Data Strategy has been organised around 6 pillars: Enable Business initiatives, Protect Data, Organize and Govern initiatives, Manage Data, Empower People on Data, Deliver and operate Data Platforms.
Data Engineering is therefore the cornerstone of the data transformation journey, ensuring strong IT Data capabilities foundations, implementing sustainable Data Operations with high level of service delivery and enabling any analytical initiatives, to provide at the end business value across AXA Partners.
AXA Partners has defined a decentralized operating model for data appointing data teams in BUs and geographies to be responsible for the proper deployment of data strategy closer to business owners. Whereas a Central Data Office manages the Data Platforms, Big Data & Analytics frameworks, standards and guidelines.
As a Data Engineer, part of a Data Team, your main mission is to maintain and enhance the operationally of the Data Team Assets or components at the right-level to ensure that the Data Team Strategy’s ambitions can be met and customers are served with the right level of quality.
Your second mission, as a Data Ops, is to implement and enhance the current production data flows of the Data Lake (from extraction to business actionable consumption).
Your third mission is to support, upskill and advice on processes or technical tasks, other Data Fellows of your Data Team in the achievements of their own data jobs.
You will be part of the overall Data Partners community, and a key actor of the Data Engineer Network.
- Contribution to data road map definition, in coordination with other teams/customers
- Interact with data scientists, analysts and business to define data sourcing strategy regarding the use-case
- Manage interactions with data providers or other data engineers of other data teams for data lake project and BAU tasks
- Support to other data fellows: technical demonstrations, UAT, training, expertise
- Share with Central and community for data assets evolution
- Take part in the strategic decisions of target data components with other of the Data Family
- Development and automation of ingestion flows, data curation and access layers
- Define solution urbanizations and take part in the development and deployment of applications following central standard and guidelines
- Contribute to the improvement of standards and data lake processes for the Data Family
- Design, develop, test, promote and industrialize data ingestion flows, DataMart and core jar of target data components
- Implement tools and end-to-end monitoring to ensure high availability of production data processing, data quality and reliability
- Maintenance of data treatments in the Lake
- Perform BAU and report regularly on this activity
- Solve issues and problems
- Support other technical data experts of your data team (data analysts etc.) or data end users in the use of Data Lake, applications or current platform assets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- You are fluent with the Big Data stack in cloud environment (ADLS, Data bricks, ADF, Azure DevOps etc)
- You have a very good understanding of spark processes
- You are fluent in multiple development languages
- You have a good understanding of the software development process (git, ci/cd etc.)
- You have first knowledge about BI systems (Spot fire, AAS, Power BI)
- BI skills are a plus
- Entrepreneurial, team and can-do spirit, able to work unsupervised and with problem-solving skills, constantly striving for effective solutions
- Creativity, innovation mind-set and ability to correctly take into account technologies low stacks
- Customer-centric with quick reactivity on issues or changing requirements to deliver high-level of service
- Working with Agile mind-set in an international, multicultural and complex environment
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in IT development with Big Data major
- Minimum of 2-year experience in production Big Data environment (build & run), with a proven expertise in data engineering/analytics projects, ideally in major and multi-cultural organizations with large-scale data.
- Fluent English (is mandatory), French is a plus
- Experience in Insurance/Assistance would be appreciated
Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA
transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance
services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.