HR Business Partner
Summary of Responsibilities:
The HRBP will act as the strategic partner and change agent to enable the achievement of business objectives, delivery of an excellent employee experience and the cultural transformation of the business. Supports US population of c. 250 employees, across 2 sites – Chicago and Miami
- Work with business leaders and HR team to develop and implement the HR plan for the business, influencing and contributing to the achievement of the business and HR strategy.
- Use business acumen, external insights and data to analyse and investigate business / people issues and trends to support the business performance.
- Work with business to develop workforce plan to identify the future needs of the business in terms of skill sets, capabilities, FTE requirements, resource mix.
- Manage the annual HR events and communication plan for the business area, providing support and challenge to business managers on talent management, compensation reviews, employee engagement and performance management.
- Work as part of the project teams to drive change projects in HR and the business, in line with the Transformation strategy (e.g. TOM, efficiency, culture, employer brand). Ensure all people elements of change are managed effectively.
Talent, Performance, Development & Resourcing
- Coach business managers, supporting them to develop their leadership capabilities and effectively manage their talent and performance within their teams to continually improve business performance.
- Partner with other colleagues in HR team to support delivery of resourcing, L&D and talent management programs, ensuring development needs are addressed effectively and capability enhanced in the organisation.
- Implement and support managers to deliver talent management strategies, ensuring succession planning is robust and development plans are in place for key successors and talent.
- Support managers to use compensation and benefits effectively to drive performance, facilitate attraction, motivation and retention of talent.
Employee Relations and HR Operations
- Ensure effective HR policies and guidance are in place for managers and employees.
- Coach and advise business managers to deal with employee relations issues.
- Work with HR colleagues to ensure the effective provision of HR Services into the business area, engaging resourcing, L&D, C&B, Metrics, HR Admin/ payroll teams.
- Support and drive the HR transformation, contributing to the program and embedding the HR TOM and new way of working
Culture and Engagement
- Act as an advocate for employees, to understand the employee experience through the lifecycle and work with Centres of Expertise, HR Service teams and line managers to drive improvements to ensure our employees have a positive ‘customer’ experience.
- Help shape and deliver culture & engagement initiatives defined by the Centres of Expertise to continually improve employee engagement (e.g. Pulse employee surveys, agile@work, D&I), coaching line managers to ensure actions are taken to improve employee engagement.
- Foster a culture that is built around the ‘core’ values of AXA.
- Drive the Corporate Responsibility agenda for the Company and Integrate CR with employee engagement initiatives to maximize participation.
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen combined with excellent HR knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of US employment law and practices.
- Ability to operate as a trusted partner with business leaders, to bring strategic insights, challenge and influence.
- Ability to create a vision, develop solutions and influence the business to implement.
- Excellent relationship, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate with and influence a diverse range of people and cultures.
- Ability to coach business leaders and line managers.
- Ability to design organizational structures to drive business performance and transformation to deliver business results.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment and able to deliver results through others.
- Ability to analyse and use data and insights to identify business/ people issues and facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrates understanding of external trends (technical innovation, organization design, skills etc..) market practices and ability to use these to benchmark and innovate.
- Knowledge of local market employment law, compliance and ethics group standards.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Post Graduate degree in business management with a preference for focus in HR/Industrial Relations/Organisation Behaviour
- HR management experience
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.