Head of Fund Performance
** THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN PARIS OR LONDON **
A critical central role ensuring that AXA IM – Real Assets, Europe’s largest real estate investment manager*, is provided with accurate and timely investment performance information to inform fund and asset management decisions, and to ensure clients have accurate and timely performance data on their investments.
The role will own and operate the investment performance measurement and monitoring processes for AXA IM – Real Assets, ensuring high quality and timely performance information is available to the business and clients as necessary
* Source: INREV Fund Manager Survey – June 2020
- Support the definition and implementation of an AXA IM – Real Assets global performance strategy, producing a reference document for use across the business
- Review, and if necessary re-define, the scope, processes and controls for tracking performance at both asset and fund levels for the AXA IM Real Assets business ensuring that there is sufficient:
- Product and Asset Coverage
- Consistency with product marketing strategy
- Relevance for AXA IM Real Assets corporate and funds strategies
- Review industry and regulatory best practices on a global basis and incorporate them in AXA IM -Real Assets processes and standards as necessary
- Determine how the new systems infrastructure (e.g. YARDI, Anaplan) can be best utilised in supporting the performance measurement processes / implement the required processes in the new tools, including extracting data required by MSCI / INREV
- Coordinate the production, and ensure review and validation of, quarterly performance measurement submissions – ensuring proper control and validation takes place
- Provide adequate opportunity for questions / requests from Fund Managers / Asset Managers / Client Group on performance data provided, and ensure timely responses are provided
- Ensure all recordkeeping requirements are complied with, and there is a clear audit trail of the performance measurement calculations and validation
- Address ad-hoc requests from Glient Group in respect to prospects and clients, and recommend and deliver the required responses
- Facilitate the data exchange, and assist in the managing the relationship, deliverables and fees of external benchmarking companies (MSCI).
- Represent AXA during workshops with MSCI and INREV
- Finance and / or Accounting degree from a recognised institution
- A formal Accounting qualification would be advantageous
- 5+ years experience in performance reporting and / or track record roles, ideally in a real estate context
- Experience in real estate investment management companies, or Real Estate Private Equity companies
- An accounting qualification or similar would be advantageous
- Experience managing staff and working in teams. Strong leadership and development skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong financial analysis and performance / accounting reporting skills
- Modelling skills (cash flow analysis and forecast).
- Strong excel skills and database skills
- GIPS knowledge would be a plus
- Very good analytical and modelling skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer and service delivery orientated
- Rigorous, self motivated, organised and autonomous
- Strong command of English language (written and verbal) essential. French language skills advantageous
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.