Marketing Manager, Asia ex Japan
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications Asia ex Japan, the role will be responsible for the implementation of our channel marketing programs for Asia and Australia. This will involve developing and coordinating on the delivery of a series of marketing initiatives across the different client segments.
The individual in this role will develop compelling best in class channel marketing programs to complement our overarching marketing strategy. The individual will work with Sales to deepen relationships with existing and new distributors in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and new markets such as China (WFOE), Korea and Thailand. Together with the existing team this hire will help us to optimise an integrated marketing approach to continue to deliver on initiatives to support business growth for APAC and to position AXA-IM as a thought leader.
The role will be very hands-on in terms of delivery and needs to be able to work with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Partner with client-facing teams to understand channel and product priorities to contribute towards increasing consideration for our products with clients.
- Asia: Build segmentation programs by tailoring marketing initiatives to align with Client segments (e.g. PBs, Retail, Wholesale and Institution)
- Australia: Build a co-marketing plan which aligns to defined segments and offerings across key dealer groups, mid-tiers and distributors. Leverage automation and personalisation and working with Asia content specialist to build a customer contact strategy which aligns to defined segments, dealer groups and offerings as well as product focus etc.
- In addition, understand and coordinate multi-channel needs to identify common themes in order to develop more efficient and effective marketing programs and materials
- Understand key client needs/business objectives and make proactive recommendations for client materials
- Manage the production of marketing materials with internal stakeholders and external vendors where necessary
- Working with the Asia and Global Marketing teams to leverage available marketing platforms including events, digital, content, strategic campaigns etc to deliver on business objectives
- Measure the impact and success of marketing programmes and contribute to the Asia and Global Marketing reporting on cross-market and segment programs
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with the sales teams, portfolio managers, product specialists, operations, corporate communications, compliance and other business functions as appropriate
- Coordinate with compliance to ensure all programs, activities and materials produced are fully compliant with regulations
- Work effectively independently and as a team player, be a proactive member of the Asia and Global marketing & communications community, actively participating, leveraging and sharing best practice across countries, avoiding duplication of efforts and initiatives /create high degree of consistency
At least 7 years’ experience in marketing and communications within the asset management sector, with a strong knowledge of client segments especially in the private banks, retail and wholesale channel in APAC especially in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan
Proven experience in managing and delivering campaigns and a hands-on approach to delivery
Demonstrated record of success in partnering with sales teams in acquiring and retaining clients and assets through execution of integrated marketing programs
Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects, manage stakeholders’ communications and deliver within budget and on timelines. Also, ability to work on multiple projects and to cope with demanding schedules
Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese / Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese)
Proven ability to interpret, translate, and communicate financial concepts both verbally and in writing
Experience in managing external agencies, production houses, translation houses and event companies
Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong relationships with different teams and people (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information
Resilience and flexibility to work in a matrix organisation and manage within a small regional marketing team with many regional and global stakeholders
Be a proactive, dynamic and highly client-focused self-starter
Proven ability and confidence in presenting
Able to work independently yet as a proven team player
Able to proactively come up with ideas for marketing as well as take direction when ideas are not originated by the candidate
Education: Degree; preferably with relevant marketing qualifications
Experience in digital marketing in finance is a plus
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.