Data is a key part of AXA’s journey “from Payer to Partner”, and its transformation to a Data Driven company. To succeed in this journey, AXA Partners data strategy has been organised around 6 dimensions: Data Value, Data Usage, Data Protection & Quality, Data Platform, Data Governance and Data Culture.
Data Engineering focuses on the Data Platform dimension that supports and enables the others.
Data Engineering is the cornerstone of the data transformation journey, and Data Engineers take part in delivering strong IT Data capabilities foundations, implementing sustainable Data Operations with high level of service delivery and enabling any analytical initiatives, to provide at the end business value across AXA Partners.
AXA Partners has defined a decentralized operating model for data encouraging data teams in BUs and Regions to acquire autonomy in data usages. In that context, Central Data Engineers are expected to provide simple, secure, ready-to-use and common framework, to support other data teams on the operationality of their data assets, while improving the global quality of the Target Data Platform.
Dimensions of role
- Enable all relevant data to be easily accessible, industrialized and documented in the Big Data environments, whatever the complexity of transformations or large variety of data sources
- Contribute to the design, development, test, delivery, maintenance and usage of Target Data components (Global Platform and framework)
- Improve and deploy data engineering standards, procedures, processes and operational guidelines for the use of Global Platform and Framework as well as target data components
- Liaise with the community of people involved in the extraction, integration, structuration and valorization of data (IT Owners, Data Teams, Business analysts and specialists such as Data Scientists) and take part in the Data Engineering Guild
- Contribution to data road map definition and integration, in coordination with other teams/customers
- Interact with data scientists, analysts and business to define data sourcing strategy regarding the use-case
- Manage interactions with data providers for data lake project and BAU tasks
- Support to the other teams : technical demonstrations, UAT, training, expertise
- Share with Group and community for data assets evolution
- Take part in the strategic decisions of target data components
- Development and automation of ingestion flows, data curation and access layers
- Define solution urbanizations and take part in the development of the platfom and deployment of applications
- Contribute to the definition of standards and processes for data lake to be applied at AXA Partners
- Design, develop, test, promote and industrialize data ingestion flows, datamarts and core jar of target data components
- Implement tools and end-to-end monitoring to ensure high availability of production data processing, data quality and reliability
- Maintenance of data treatments in the Lake
- Perform BAU and report regularly on this activity
- Solve issues and problems
- Support BU and local data teams in the use of data lake and the Data Engineering Guild
- Participate to junior data engineers’ assessment and training
- Support other data engineers in the adoption of the standards defined by Data Office and participate actively to the Data Engineering Guild
- Provide expertise to other teams to build complex data flows or improve performance of the treatments
- Audit developments created by BU and Local data teams
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in multiple development languages (including scala/spark, python)
- You have good knowledge on Microsoft Azure.
- Fluent with the Big Data stacks in cloud environment of major providers (Spark, Hive, ADLS, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Log Analytics, etc) and regular Cloud Datalake Operations
- You have a good understanding of the software development process (Azure DevOps , git, CI/CD etc.)
- Fluent with SQL language
- Advanced FinOps knowledge to ensure cloud consumptions is optimized are a plus
- You have first knowledge about BI systems (Power BI) and BI skills are a plus
- Entrepreneurial, team and can-do spirit, able to work unsupervised and with problem-solving skills, constantly striving for effective solutions
- Creativity, innovation mindset and ability to correctly take into account technologies low stacks
- Customer-centric with quick reactivity on issues or changing requirements to deliver high-level of service
- Working with Agile mindset in an international, multicultural and complex environment (English is mandatory)
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in IT development with Big Data major
- Minimum of 3-year experience in production Big Data environment (build & run), with a proven expertise in data engineering/analytics projects, ideally in major and multi-cultural organizations with large-scale data.
- Fluent English, French is a plus
- Experience in Insurance/Assistance would be appreciated
- Azure Fundamentals and Azure Data Engineer Associate certifications are a plus.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.