Operational Due Diligence Analyst
We are currently looking for a Operational Due Diligence Analyst who, together with the ODD Oversight Lead, will be responsible for performing and reporting on Operational Due Diligence of the Managers and Funds that Architas include as investments or recommend to advisory clients as well as those invested by AXA entities part of the Unit-Linked ecosystem.
The Operational Due Diligence Analyst is specifically responsible for supporting appropriate good practice and timely schedule of due diligence performed on managers and funds:
• Assist in the running and performance Architas Manager and Fund Operational Due Diligence Program.
• Prepare operational due diligence reports and make recommendations to management as appropriate.
• Work with ODD Oversight Lead to liaise and collaborate with investment team with regards to schedule of reviews
• Keep abreast of regulatory changes and oversee media screening tool for the identification of Managers potential issues.
• Ensure that adequate action is taken to resolve escalated risk and issues in respect of manager and fund due diligence, in a timely manner and ensure reasonable steps are taken to prevent recurrence through accessing experts, as appropriate, and applying a commercial and business perspective to the recommended responses.
• Work closely with Front Office, Investment Risk and Performance, Compliance and Regulatory Monitoring Unit professionals in Architas and other members of the risk team across the Architas Hub.
• Support other COO Department work as required.
What are we looking for?
Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of the Investment Management industry and associated products. Preferably minimum of 3 years relevant experience supported by an appropriate qualification.
• Knowledge of UCITS and MIFID regulatory requirements and their practical application.
• Knowledge and experience of due diligence work.
• Currently or previous experience in performing due diligence work, with a fund of hedge fund, non-hedge fund operational due diligence, audit or compliance monitoring background.
Skills & Behaviours:
• Excellent influencing, facilitation, negotiating and communication skills (written, oral and presentational skills)
• The ability to challenge all levels of staff and management.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and understand complex issues and advise on solutions across business areas with the application of critical judgement.
• Due diligence/Compliance monitoring/Audit/controls testing experience
• Ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines.
• Self drive, proactive and highly motivated.
• Computer literate, with good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Language skills (French) a bonus but not requirement
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. We’ve been recognised as one of the Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally.
You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We were formed in 2008 to provide investment solutions aimed at meeting the varying needs of today’s investor. We provide a range of diversified multi-manager funds, giving a greater choice to clients in fulfilling their investment aims.
Today we have grown into a global business and now operate in 12 countries across Europe and Asia.
We are a member of the global AXA Group, a worldwide leader in financial services with over 160,000 employees worldwide – we are a specialist investment manager built on the successful foundations of a world leader.
We want to make investing accessible to everyone, whatever their investment goals are. So we’re proud that investors currently trust us with $44.1 billion globally of assets under management (Architas, as at 30 September 2020).
We have an experienced, global investment team made up of 30 members, who each bring a unique knowledge from a different sector and industry. The team carries out expert research aiming to uncover the best investment opportunities and leverages our scale to negotiate excellent buying terms with fund groups to deliver better value to investors.
What we can offer?
This is a busy, challenging, demanding role, but it provides a great opportunity for the right individual to play a key role in driving forward our key strategic goals.
As well as personal development and a competitive salary, we’ll offer a discretionary annual bonus scheme and 28 days holiday. You’ll also get all the impressive perks you would expect from a leading financial services organisation, including a competitive pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance. That’s just a few of the many flexible benefits and product discounts that we have to offer.
Architas is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone can realise their potential regardless of differences. We are proud members of the 30% Club, Working Family Organisation and are open to discussing flexible working arrangements for this role.