Global Markets & Support functions Portfolio manager
The GM & SF Portfolio Manager drives AXA Partners Portfolio Management excellence to support AXA Partners transformation and strategy execution. He/ She will work with the global Portfolio Management community to share best practices and strengthen Portfolio Management locally and at the AXA Partners level for the benefit of AXA Partners transformation. The GM & SF Portfolio Manager will be in charge of the Global market Portfolio monitoring, the support function Portfolio monitoring and will work with the community of Project managers working on this scope
She / He will:
- Build, monitor and maintain the GM & SF investment portfolio
- Ensure monitoring of Project/change execution and provide major performance KPI’s
- Ensure synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AXA Partners Investment Governance
- Manage synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager
- Manage synchronization with local / BU Finance to support Financial processes
- Contribute to the yearly Strategic Plan with regard to the GM contribution and support Functions
- Focus on continuous improvement
She / He will ensure strong collaboration and connection with key stakeholders within IT and Non IT family, with Group Operations Global Portfolio Manager and more globally with AXA Partners organization. She / he will also ensure strong collaboration and connection with key Global market, Support Functions, BU and Geos stakeholders.
- Build, monitor and maintain the Global market, E-Commerce, Sales commitments and Support Functions investment portfolio
- Co-ordinate the consolidation of the portfolio with the GM CIO, Support Functions CIO, Tribe and Domain leaders
- Co-ordinate with and support the main GM / SF PPM stakeholders to ensure key data is up to date and accurate in the PPM Tool (Planview) including Financials, performance related data including KPI’s
- Ensure timely update of data supporting the BU, global and Finance team reporting requirements
- Close collaboration with GM CIO, SF CIO, Tribe, Domain leaders and IT Controllership to monitor and control overall performance of the portfolio at tactical and strategic level (through regular and ad-hoc reporting & dashboards)
- Proactive operational and strategic management of the investment portfolio ensuring alignment to Strat Plan
- Lead associated action plans to drive improvements (simplification, automation)
- Co-ordinate with the Domain leaders to analyse new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provide transparency of portfolio investments
- Ensure synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AP Investment Governance:
- Organise synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AP Investment Governance through the BU Domain leads for their associated products
- Support and align with the main BU PPM Stakeholders to ensure their adherence to AP Investment Governance, including adherence to defined frameworks (incl. ARB, BCA, Security)
- Engage proactively in problem solving and action planning to drive improvements
- Manage synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager and Finance teams
- Optimize synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager ensuring timely and accurate data and information for the BU
- Optimize synchronization with the BU/local Finance team ensuring timely and accurate data and information for the BU
- Contribute to the yearly IT Strategic Plan with regard to the local contribution:
- Co-ordinate the yearly Strat Plan activities with the GM CIO, SF CIO, Tribe and Domain leaders for related scope taking into account both business needs and current/future capabilities of IT
- Co-ordinate the local contribution to the yearly Strat Plan working with the Performance and Governance Manager through the PPM Tool (Planview)
- Focus on continuous improvement:
- Manage continuous improvement of the portfolio processes and tools to keep alignment with AP ambitions and internal controls needs
- Key contributor in the Portfolio Manager community to share best practices / guidelines on transversal topics and to address operational topics (e.g. improvements / simplification)
- Key contributor to the Planview product roadmap driving enhanced / extended use of Planview features
Key contributor to the Finance Improvement program which drives automation and integration of actuals to improve financial control
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in project / portfolio management (demand and capacity planning, budget management)
- Proven experience in PMO
- Strong influential leadership behaviors in a matrix environment
- Ability to create and deliver communications to multiple levels in the organisation (local, global, executive level)
- Ability to create and deliver regular portfolio performance reporting
- Ability to work in a result-oriented & fast-moving environment
- Collaborative working to achieve collective goals (leveraging skills of others), ability to facilitate transversal/cross function collaboration, create trust and develop pragmatic & “share-to-succeed” mindset
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, the wider IT and business community,
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to review and analyse portfolio data to ask questions, make decisions and develop strategies to improve portfolio performance.
- Ability to make difficult decisions even in unclear or poorly defined situations and do so in a timely manner
- Use experience and expertise to innovate, challenge assumptions and enhance practices where necessary to achieve goals
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, decisive, flexible with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience of working at a senior level in a complex environment
- Language skills – Fluent in English – Fluent in French
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.