Product Manager, Japan
The Product Lifecycle team:
- is responsible for all open-ended investment funds and fund ranges of AXA IM worldwide, both crossborder and local, with team presence in several AXA IM locations
- The objective in this activity is to optimze the fund offering, maximize product relevancy, scale, and accessibility
The Product Manager Japan will be responsible for the following:
- Product development of new local Japanese funds (unit-linked, retail and institutional)
- Product management of local Japanese funds. Coordination of all evolution and change events including fund rationalization/ streamlining; monitoring of all activity in the local Japanese fund range
- Day to day coverage of ad-hoc product requests, local product governance and regulatory requirements for Japan
- Product Intelligence research to meet local AXA IM Asia requirements
- Transversal topics/ projects across AXA IM Asia activity
Product Management/ Development/ Intelligence:
- Product development of local Japanese funds (unit-linked, retail and institutional); lead new funds through the new fund validation governance process
- Act as the first point of contact for any fund related queries and proposals for product development, fund modifications, as well as gatekeeper
- Drive the fund range evolution in project mode: centralize all requests, conduct feasibility/ impact analysis as well as alternatives, present business cases for validation, monitor the timing and cost of implementation. Oversee the accurate and timely execution of any changes to the fund
- Structure the product offering:
- Adaptation of the fund ranges to local market needs or client requirements: investment policy, benchmark, shareclass structure, fees, investment guidelines and other fund characteristics
- Build and maintain a coherent AXA IM product offering in coordination with Product Development
- Perform market research as required for local market needs
Beyond Japan the Product Manager Japan will be expected to contribute on AXA IM’s Asia ex-Japan initiatives as well.
The role requires close collaboration with the investment teams, sales teams, legal, compliance, risk and operations teams both in the local Tokyo office and abroad.
- We seek individuals that have good problem solving skills and solid business judgment. Candidates must possess exceptional attention to detail, be responsive, and have a strong sense of accountability and ownership for their work.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative and flexible mindset is required in this highly cross-functional role where priorities and client needs often change.
- Good financial technical background, understanding of financial products/ instruments and an intellectual curiosity in global financial markets
- Minimum 5 years of product management/ development experience, preferably within asset management
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace with strong attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skills
- The individual must be able to thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities change frequently and deadlines are critical
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment; both within a specific department as well as with other parts of the organization; Ability to build relationships across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
- Problem solving/ Results orientation
- Fluent Japanese required. Fluent English is a plus.
- University degree or similar with master’s level in Finance, Engineering or similar
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.