Assistant Reinsurance Manager
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Provide technical support to superiors on treaty renewal, system updates and daily operations.
- Provide timely and accurate statistical reports/data for management’s review on treaty results.
- Monitor the exposure including fire accumulation and underwriting limit checking.
- Assist superiors in carrying out supervisory work to subordinates.
- Ensure a smooth renewal of treaty reinsurance programs to enable the protection of existing business and alignment of AXA’s standard.
- Support IT projects and perform any UAT plans if required.
- To provide support and assist in reviewing the update risk profiles, catastrophe data, major loss status summary and other underwriting information package, etc. for treaty renewal.
- To update the system relating to treaty renewal and maintain any changes if necessary.
- To provide accurate fire accumulation calculation to underwriters and ensure no overexposure risk/location for new, renewal and endorsement cases in the fire accumulation register.
- To monitor the underwriting limit of all lines of business and ensure the sufficient coverage of the portfolio.
- To assist in preparing the regular reinsurance treaty related bordereaux.
- To assist his/her superiors in training any new team members.
- To handle enquiries raised by internal and external customers e.g. AXA Group, Asian Market Office and treaty reinsurers, etc.
- To assist in identifying system needs, prepare user requirement, perform any UAT, health check, follow up with IT and ensure all R/I transactions report generated in system are correct and meet time line.
- To resolve deficiencies in the system with IT project team.
- To accept any ad-hoc work as assigned by his/her superiors.
- 5 years experience
- Preferable to have reinsurance knowledge
- Diploma holder in insurance and any related discipline
- Recognized insurance qualification ANZII / ACII or equivalent preferred
- Good in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Knowledge of PC (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience in reinsurance field with solid background
- Data Programming (SAS, VBA, R) is a plus
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.