Service Desk Manager
New opportunity for a Service Desk Manager at AXA Partners. This is an important role as the successful person will be part of day-to-day services for most collaborators and the central access point to End user service, AXA Partners IT and applications.
The Service Desk Manager will be responsible for the design, implementation and BAU of a variety of and End users services across all AXA Partners countries. The position requires the ability to manage external providers, to think globally with client-oriented vision to transform and adapt organization.
This position will report to the Head of End User Services & Workplace Guild and will manage AXA Partners End users service across regions.
- Manage contractual relationship with external provider
- Develop activity & process to support Agile and DevOps way of working
- Help countries to define Business case, organize governance and use central Service Desk where opportunities exist
- Ensure service improvement and ticket reduction
- Establish processes and procedures for the effective management of service-related incidents or issues
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected
- Analyze performance of Service Desk & Desktop activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Provide internal consultancy advice to other business areas on service-related issues.
- Conduct research and attend conferences on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies
- Manage the processing of incoming tickets to the Service Desk via telephone, e-mail and online to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk & Desktop requests and generate statistical reports to drive and support continuous improvement
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience Minimum Education
- Degree in information technology or a related field. Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- ITIL Certification mandatory
Technical / Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Manager of several teams and management of outsourced services
- Experience in organization transformation
- Capacity to manage a budget in full autonomy
- Demonstrated Expert judgment with the ability to quickly identify, analyze, evaluate and resolve problems at the local/regional/international level
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage teams and topics transversally, in a matrix organization
- Extensive application support experience in Windows based applications
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Knowledge and understanding of infrastructure architecture
- Proven experience with motivating and engaging the team or provider to achieve results and their own development
- Previous experience with leading a successful technical support team to achieving KPI targets
- Experience with Performance and People Management & Evaluation Skills
- Experience of managing a multi-location and outsourced team in a fast-paced target driven environment
- Proven ability to Coach/develop individuals and apply Learning Solutions
- Proven track record of successfully developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables
- Fluent English speaker, second language such as French is an advantage
- A strong service-oriented (‘can-do’) culture, with a strong focus on the ‘internal customer’ approach, committed to exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to be flexible to work with a wide variety of technology and maintain a professional demeanour
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills with a focus on listening and questioning abilities a prerequisite
- Ability to influence and motivate staff members and team as well as peers with regards to IT support solutions
- Ability to respond rapidly to escalate IT issues and to communicate effectively in a confident and supporting manner. Good listening and questioning communication skills. Ability to set, measure and achieve SLAs
- Analytical and logical ‘mindset’ when dealing with issues and an ability to empathise.
- Drive and Energy to bring new process improvements and efficiencies within the team
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.