Internal Communications - Intern (12-month placement)
1. Business Rational:
The Internal Communications intern will support the implementation of the internal communication framework within AXA IM. They will collaborate with the internal Communications Manager based in Paris and in London, helping to play a critical role in communicating the progress made on AXA IM’s business strategy to an internal audience.
2. Description of the department:
The team consists of seven people, Global Head of Internal Communication, four Internal Communication Managers and two Interns as support. The opportunity to work in a small, dynamic team, positioned centrally in a larger global comms team, represents excellent experience to work across multiple function.
3. The main responsibilities of the role:
• To support the team in the production of written content, video and digital for various internal communications channels.
• To assist the Internal Communications Manager review, proof read and edit a wide range of content, ensuring communications channels are consistent in terms of style and tone of voice across the company.
• To assist in the organisation and general logistics of regular internal events including all-staff digital, in-person or mix town hall sessions, breakfast meetings etc.
• To support the drafting of communications for internal events including invitations and supporting materials as well as the distribution process.
• To manage the post-event feedback process via surveys etc.
Support on internal company editorial platform
• To regularly publish content on our in-house social network platform, ensuring the look and feel of articles and stories hosted is consistent.
• Proactive management of the maintenance and the quality of all internal online content, making sure it is kept up to date, consistent with the brand and presented in the most effective way.
• Excellent written skills
• Excellent editing and proofreading skills helping to maintain the highest standard of grammar.
• Strong attention to detail.
• An interest and knowledge of financial services / asset management.
• Good knowledge of IT tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Internet Explorer) and with interest in social media.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and After Effects
• Outgoing personality that helps build trust and rapport with both senior and entry levels of the organisation.
• Ability to work on a number of different projects at the same time.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• Team player with the capacity to also work autonomously
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €801bn in assets as of the end of 2019. We employ about 2,3600 people around the world and operate out of 28 offices in 20 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.