Head of GI Valuation and Financial Reporting
Title: Head of GI Valuation and Financial Reporting
- To advise Chief Actuary and CFO in all P&C matters impacting solvency and financial results.
- Key responsible person for P&C (including Health) reserves under all HK Entities
- To advise business and drive changes via close involvement in the feedback cycle: financial planning process, experience monitoring, reserve reviews.
- Lead the P&C reserving team in complying with internal, external and regulatory reporting requirements
- Monthly monitoring and reserving process, coupled with Q2,Q3,Q4 reserves reviews
- Clearance with Chief Actuary and CFO, Business on financial impact of full reviews
- Work with parties such as Risk Management, Head Office, external peer reviewer, auditor on different layer of review of the reserves
- Raise early warning signals to Finance, Business, and Claims on any observed trends in claims experience. Discuss issues with key stakeholders and recommend and drive actions
- Heavy involvement and work closely with Finance in the planning cycle advising KPI (e.g. Loss Ratio, reserve balances...etc) for regular forecasts to current year end, as well as planning for future years
- Key support to the Chief Actuary in the capital management of the GI business
- Lead the implementation and optimization of the new regulatory and financial reporting standards, in particular HK RBC and IFRS17
- Collaborate closely with the Actuarial P&C Pricing and Health Pricing teams to share data observations and business actions taken
- Continue the development of the P&C actuarial team, on both technical aspects and business acumen
- Comply with all relevant external and internal AXA Group Standards and Guidance
- Perform Solvency II requirements such as conducting underwriting, reinsurance and technical provision assessments in forming local opinions to facilitate the preparation of the Actuarial Functional Holder Report
- Manage process, develop and enhance regular monitoring reports to improve the control feedback loop
- Manage ad hoc request or project where reserving input is critical
- Chief Actuary and CFO
- Financial Controller
- Finance team such as Finance Business Partner and Planning & Management Reporting
- Strategic Underwriting team
- P&C and Health actuarial pricing teams
- P&C business heads
- Health business heads
- HK and Group Risk management
- P&C and Health claim operations heads
- Qualified Actuary / Fellow of a recognized actuarial institute
- Minimum of 10 years actuarial experience in the general insurance / financial industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills coupled with a strong understanding of key stakeholder's interests, to work and influence all parts of the P&C and Health insurance business.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation and organization skills, project management experience an advantage
- Strong management skills to direct and develop a team of professional actuarial staff
- Good command of written and spoken English
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.