Infrastructure Project Manager
- Define, scope, initiate and manage IT infrastructure and Security / Cyberdefense projects ensuring successful and timely delivery within approved budget.
- Responsible for the timely resolution of escalated issues and risks, directing the work and resource planning.
- Supervises teams assigned to the project. Sets direction for the project and is accountable for the final outcome of the project.
- Facilitate project governance and compliance through established standards. Provide timely update to the management.
- Manage and track vendor deliverables to ensure timely delivery with acceptable quality.
- Develop project plan and budget based on requirement for approval by relevant sponsor/ Finance Steering Committee and ensure they are implementable.
- Develop detailed planning i.e. Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to ensure effective resources planning and allocation for project teams and efficient identification and tracking of interdependencies between workstreams.
- Identify and highlight interdependencies between projects to ensure that potential project risks are mitigated.
- Liaise and negotiate with client or global project manager on project details to ensure alignment of project scope, resource requirements and project plan, and clear definition of project quality, risk, communication and change management plans.
- Define clear roles and responsibilities within project for team members (Internal AXA GO, Global teams, vendors, etc.) to ensure activities are allocated and executed by the appropriate team members and deliverables are of the appropriate quality.
- Perform project closure to ensure accurate closure of project cost accounts, storage of project files & post implementation reviews and complete handover to BAU teams
- Monitor and monitor the delivery of projects by the project team members in order to ensure timely and high-quality project execution and deliverables.
- Facilitate project status meetings to ensure that all issues are addressed during meetings and the meetings serve as a platform for brainstorming, decision-making and issue resolution.
- Prepare clear communication, both written and oral, to drive decision making, obtain guidance and direction and/or inform stakeholders on project status.
- Oversee and advise on all project communication matters to ensure there is an adequate level of communication between all relevant parties within a project.
- Manage sponsor’s expectations throughout the lifecycle of a project. Obtain buy-in from key stakeholders and senior management on critical project issues to ensure final project performance meets or exceeds agreed standards.
- Establish appropriate project governance – including Project Steering Committees, working team group meetings, etc. to foster AXA GO ability to make and meet its commitments and maximize the utilization of its resources by adhering to the governance principles in place.
- Manage external vendors and the technical teams to ensure the project is on track in terms of quality, delivery milestones and costs.
At least 5 years of proven Project Management experience in the field of IT Infrastructure
Good understanding of IT Infrastructure topics
Hands-on infrastructure project delivery experience
Significant experience in an international context
Strong interest for IT and willing to work on complex & challenging projects
University degree or post graduate degree level
Nice to have:
PMP or PRINCE2, ITIL certified
Experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
Any certification on cyber security
Experienced in managing insurance projects
Technical Skills and Capabilities:
Good knowledge of Project Management principles
Excellent track record for leading projects, managing actions plan, coordinating with multiple stakeholders etc.
Experience in managing Project budgets (including staff, hardware and software costs) and providing monthly forecasting and reporting.
Able to challenge stakeholders (clients, vendors, technical experts etc.) to optimize project activities and costs
Good understanding of technical dependencies between Infrastructure & Applications
Experience in one of the fields below is a plus:
Data centre infrastructure (Data center evolution projects)
Workplace & Network (New AXA premises set-up projects)
Integration with external services (payment gateways, authentications systems, security services etc.)
IT Project managed with Agile methodology
Team management (no direct hierarchical management)
Lead a project team: set goals and assess performance of project team member(s) in conjunction with line manager(s), delegate and empower, encourage initiatives, manage conflicts.
Mobilise a project team: share relevant information, seek to convince, know how to listen, promote team spirit.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.