Director - Business Development, Insurance Solutions
Summary of Responsibilities:
AXA Partners is a leading Health & Travel administrator and insurer, this position will lead our Insurance Solutions segment targeting large Enterprise accounts seeking bespoke Life & health insured products on a B2B2C basis. This role will build strong partnerships to sell insurance via agencies/distributors, trust brands, banks and other affinity programs.
Dimension of the role:
The Director of Insurance Solutions will be a seasoned insurance hunter who will identify both internally and externally, large enterprise accounts who will have needs to distribute insurance products to their consumers. This experiences sales leader will be responsible for achieving our sales targets by sourcing new distribution partners and working closely with our existing partners; seeking partnerships with companies that fit our strategic vision.
- Create networking opportunities and targeted visibility (including social media and modern selling) to drive prospecting aligned with AXA Partners strategic focus.
- Use leading industry and customer trends knowledge to develop innovative solutions that give AXA Partners a distinctive competitive advantage in the market. Keep up to date on changes in the relevant regulatory environment.
- Drive business development through external visibility and lobbying, active prospecting of potential partners, new products (up-selling, cross-selling, bundled offers), new channel and, when possible, new geographies in order to achieve new business targets.
- Identify and qualify key business opportunities to ensure business profitability of potential new business as well as alignment with AXA Partners commercial segmentation.
- Elaborate associated marketing and distribution strategies to transform prospects into new business.
- Accompany prospect transition with allocated account manager: follow-up relationship and account until the prospect is fully settled.
- Works closely with Sales Director to define the best commercial / sales approach and drive prospecting across relevant markets and business segments.
- Liaise transversally with other global (if needed) or local AXA Partners teams (incl. BLs, Underwriting, Operations, etc…) to develop cross-selling activities. Build links between internal department. (may support international deals and strategic key account management plans).
- Respond to requests for commercial proposals and steer the negotiation and conclusion of trade proposals. Assist in contract and master policy negotiations and ensure implementation of signed deals.
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in Commercial & Sales in the Life & Health space, sales leadership experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation skills)
- Ability to clearly explain complex opportunities and translate prospect needs into well-defined process and service requirements
- Persuasive, persistent, personable team player with an ambition to excel and maximize opportunities
- Resourceful, problem solving, customer service orientation coupled with a competitive desire to excel
- Self-motivated, structured, driven to independently prospect, pursue and produce new business
- Knowledge of financial commission models, marketing campaign management, life & health insurance products and data-based models.
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment
- Understand, cascade and translate the Business strategy by seeing the big picture, in order to provide appropriate services and answers
- Understand how actions and decisions impact key company measures and leadership objectives
- 360° knowledge of products/services and market
- Know the insurance industry, line of business, competitors, products, KPIs, profitability concepts
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business education degree preferred
- Accident and Health Insurance Licenses, P&C a plus
- International Benefits experience a plus; experience in handling international claims a plus
- Extensive Knowledge of Digital Distribution
- Experience with medical evacuation / assistance a plus
- Political Risk knowledge a plus
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study or equivalent combination of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- 15+ years previous experience in a similar role
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.