Software Engineer, Conversational AI (F/M)
AXA Group Emerging Technology and Data (GETD) is actively seeking for Software Developer to help to build the future of customer experience powered by Conversational Artificial Intelligence (Conversational AI).
AXA GETD is part of AXA Group Operations and its mission is to explore and scale data and emerging technologies to transform radically current business processes and provide enablers for future business models. Working closely in co-creation with all AXA entities across the globe, we ideate, prototype, co-fund and develop technological cutting-edge and data-related products and services, taking them from ideation to development and bringing them to scale. Working closely with Group CIO and Group IT Services, we ensure the industrialization and lifecycle of these products.
Among GETD’s main focus areas, Conversational AI is a key domain in which a growing and multi-disciplinary team is helping drive major changes in self and assisted services to deliver better outcomes, better experiences, and lower costs to the way AXA interact with its customers and employees by means of building and industrializing state-of-the art conversational AI capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for software and infrastructure development experience and machine learning, specifically in the area of Natural Language Processing (NLP).
In your role you will:
- Help to productize cutting-edge research
- Deploy machine learning code in the cloud according to best MLOps practices.
- You actively keep your eye out for new and emerging machine learning solutions that might add value to the product and/or the customer.
- You bring your ideas to the table to make building human-like chat and voice enabled assistants a reality.
- You set up proof-of-concepts and bring those to the product.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Experience designing, implementing, and running production services (ML driven development), especially through a growth phase or period of rapid change within large organizations or .
- Designing clean and flexible abstractions for new problems which are still in the process of being understood.
- A desire to dig into problems across the stack and ML operations.
- Comfort managing and monitoring infrastructure deployments.
Your background looks something like:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, object-oriented design.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming language such as Java, Scala, C++, C# and good working knowledge of Python.
With additional specific experience and skills to the role like:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering. Specialization or PhD in Machine Learning related field is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-native event-based architectures and microservices.
- Experience in professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience Cloud Infrastructure builds automation, DevOps/MLOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Proven ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience with Machine Learning, data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with conversational AI systems and NLP is a strong plus.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.