Senior Data Scientist
The Context :
You will be part of the connected vehicle team of AXA group R&D. We build, develop & operate connected car insurance policies across the world. This includes per mile insurance, behavioural-based insurance, on-demand insurance… Those offers support both new economy partners (car sharing, ride sharing…) as well our strategy to move from payer to parter and deliver our customers the services they need.
Our team is responsible for engineering, operations and data analytics of connected car services serving more than 50 000 customers today. Our technology streams vehicle data from many sources and turn them into an insurance service (eg: a quote, a price, a risk advice, an alert…) which we serve through APIs.
We also operate a data science framework to train risk prediction models on vehicle data.
Your Mission :
You will be working with our cross functional team based in Paris which includes backend developers, devops & data scientists.
Within this team, you will be working jointly with other data scientists to imagine, develop, test and industrialize new data science models to support the development of new motor insurance services. The models are primarily around risk prediction/ pricing today. You will conduct statistical studies to extract value from our large database of claims & driving data.
As senior data scientist, you will be accountable for:
- Lead data science projects from design to execution
- Review & challenge data science work produced bu the team.
- Turn data science insights to design new products & services that could be developed at AXA.
- Manage communication & engagement with actuarial stakeholders in entities
- Train & upskill actuaries in local offices
Your Profile :
- Graduated from top Tier engineering school with a major in applied mathematics or machine learning or PHD in mathematics
- About 3 to 7 years of hands-on professional experience in data science
- Certificate of actuarial studies is a plus
Technical and professional skills :
We are looking for a flexible, fast learning, technically strong Senior Data Scientist with expertise in the following fields:
- State-of-the-art knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Good understanding and practice of data science techniques
- Generating production-level code
- IT/technological expertise, being able to industrialize your code in an AWS serverless environment with CI/CD, good practice of Python
- Familiar with actuarial techniques is a strong plus
- Previous experience of managing data science projects is a plus
- Understanding of the insurance value chain is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
Technical stack :
- AWS Serverless (Lambda, AWS Sagemaker, EMR, Athena, Glue) using Terraform
Soft skills and competencies :
- Strong results-orientation and time management
- Ability to build projects fom scratch which means identifying a research opportunity, assessing expected impact & technical complexity, engage actuarial stakeholder to create a project, supervise the execution.
- Ability to communicate to stakeholders throughout at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Ability to establish relationships with senior stakeholders
- Autonomy, curiosity and innovation capability
- Not afraid of unclear, ambiguous situations with a need to invent success path
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team within a fast-paced environment
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our mission of acting for human progress by protecting what matters? Here at AXA we strive to be a responsible employer, placing employee engagement at the heart of its business strategy. Achieving this means creating a workplace built on AXA's Values that foster diversity and equal opportunities for all, promotes employee participation, encourages professional development, and supports employee well-being.
We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 57 countries, our 160,000 employees anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 108 million customers.
AXA is becoming a sustainable tech-led company and at AXA Group Operations we are one of the major catalysts for this transformation.
We set the tone by triggering and empowering the evolution of our insurance business model through technology and innovation, driving its concrete implementation globally at speed, with a high quality of advisory and execution.
We are present across 17 countries with committed, highly qualified teams. We leverage technology, data, sourcing, security and investment allocation in a global way, but also achieve economies of scale and synergies when necessary.
At AXA Group Operations, we want to be recognized in three fields of action:
- State-of-the-art Data Technology to drive customer experience
- State-of-the-art Procurement & Sourcing to drive efficiency and better manage risks
- High-Performing Global Team for stronger partnerships with AXA entities
We bring together the expertise, cultural diversity and creativity of over 8,000 employees worldwide and we’re committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of employment (gender, LGBT+, disabled persons, or people of different origins) and to promoting Diversity & Inclusion by creating a work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where individual differences are valued.