Trading Underwriter - Real Estate
Are you looking for your next role in Real Estate Underwriting? Then look no further!
We have a great opportunity for you to join us in our Real Estate team based in London.
Real Estate Specialty is the centre of excellence within AXA for real estate within our Commercial Lines Intermediary business. We deal with Global and Specialist independent brokers, all of whom operate in the diverse and unique London market.
You may be a confident new business trader, or specialise in renewals. Either way you will have a good level of Real Estate underwriting knowledge.
AXA Insurance is a unique business in the insurance sector and has been created with the needs of our brokers and customers in mind.
We will help you build on your strengths and provide tailored mentoring with soft and technical training to help you maximise your potential.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of cases
- Contributing to the loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch underwriting protocols
- Building effective trading relationships with brokers through pro-active underwriting engagement – being recognised as a positive trading partner
- Identifying poorly performing accounts and investigating reasons for lack of retention
- Contributing to the improvement of profitability by implementing strategic actions agreed with brokers to improve account performance
What will you need?
- Technical product knowledge
- Sound understanding of the insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations
- Pragmatic decision making with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills
- Experience of working within teams and a successful record of delivering results
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
• Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
• Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
• 23 days holiday
• Access to MAX Benefits where you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and purchases.
• Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
• Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
• Investment in Professional Qualifications.
• 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
• Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
• 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
• Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you
Want to talk through the role or have more questions? Please get in touch Tanzeela.email@example.com