Lead Customer, Conduct and Risk Manager
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a Lead Customer, Conduct and Risk Manager to lead the Front-line risk management team which ensures AXA Commercials adherence with risk management framework and processes.
You will ensure an effectively controlled risk management framework is in place which supports the delivery of the Commercial business strategy and financial plans within the regulatory landscape in which the business operates.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and working in collaboration with the Governance and Conduct team, you will identify and manage key conduct, operational, underwriting and financial risks. Management of key risk indicators, working with KRI owners and business leaders to ensure paths to green are clear, understood and have robust action plans in place. You will ensure that the business risks are visible and where appropriate, escalate through governance forums. You will be accountable for the execution of quality control testing, devising plans to improve business process and performance across key areas.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead the Customer, Conduct and Risk Manager’s ensuring a cohesive and engaged team despite them operating across different functions (and line management).
- Promote and embed a culture of positive customer outcomes and risk management within AXA Commercial by;
- Ensuring adherence to the risk and control frameworks, policies, standards and compliance with AXA Commercial risk policies.
- Ensure monthly KRI data is reviewed and analysed, identifying shortfalls and developing plans to enable continuous improvement.
- Coaching and developing employees at all levels.
- Embedding of new front-line risk management framework and facilitation of thematic reviews.
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure that strategic decision making is centred around the delivery of good and fair outcomes for customers.
- Share pertinent management information, both qualitative and quantitative, to monitor performance and ensure business activities are within risk appetite.
- Support the Commercial Leadership team to ensure a solid awareness of and effective management of key risks.
- Collaboration with oversight functions, including Governance and Conduct team and Technical Centre Team enabling effective QA and audit which drive business improvement.
- Translate new risk management requirements and changes in the regulatory landscape to ensure that business processes are fit for purpose and good customer outcomes are achieved.
What you will need;
- Ability to lead in a matrix management environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of FCA Customer Outcomes guidance for the GI sector, with strong examples of involvement in their practical application.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Ability to process, collate, and present large volumes of data in a clear and consistent manner.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence at all levels in support of a strong customer focused culture
- Ability to understand and operate complex technical solutions.
(Subject to confirmation) this position is a Certified Function role under the new SM&CR regime which means the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced level of background screening requirements.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What we offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance (10% on target)
Pension scheme with maximum employer contribution of 12%
Company car scheme or cash allowance
28 days annual leave
Private Medical Cover
Life Cover at 10 x annual salary
Perk car / car allowance
Flexible benefit options including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work.
Discount on AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Interest free season ticket loan scheme
3 volunteering/charity days
Free online fitness classes
24/7 mental wellbeing support
Dedicated financial support
Open to a discussion about flexible working.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be a requirement for you
Want to talk through the role or have more questions? Please get in touch Tanzeela.email@example.com