VIE - Production Engineer
- Be the primary contact point for Portfolio Managers, Traders and Operations regarding issues with the investment platform supporting our daily, weekly, and monthly quantitative investment processes (support)
- Maintain, monitor and enhance the production investment platform supporting our global investment processes (scripting and automation)
- Contribute to the development of new features or applications and the technical maintenance of the investment platform through a Scrum Team (software development)
Quantitative investing uses technology and modelling to perform investment analysis, identify investment opportunities, and to select what goes into, and what is left out of a portfolio.
Rosenberg Equities has been synonymous with quantitative investing since 1985. We were one of the original quant start ups and among the first to develop advanced models of fundamental data to analyse millions of data points to identify investment opportunities. By building on over 30 years of heritage and with investments in machine learning and alternative data, we ensure our portfolios are built using the best quantitative modelling techniques available. Our experience extends to non-financial data, and we were one of the first quantitative managers to fully integrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations into all of our portfolios. We do so because we believe thoughtful use of this data helps us capture better fundamentals; by integrating ESG we reduce risk and improve investment outcomes. To us, it’s the right way to invest.
Rosenberg Equities is not your average investment manager, or your typical quant. Our highly systematic approach to investing is complemented by our teams’ unbridled curiosity and excitement at finding creative solutions to our clients’ investment problems. Our people make the difference.
• Support our investment teams that encounter issues with data availability and consistency, or are facing issues with specific systems in the investment platform
• Investigate, identify and resolve - or coordinate resolution - of production issues throughout the investment platform
• Facilitate the ability of our investment teams to continuously execute trade and manage portfolios efficiently with a minimum of error or interruption
• Configure and/or implement customizations that optimize the workflow for individual users, specific business processes (Trading, Portfolio Management, Operations, Research & Models)
• Coordinate production releases to minimize the impact on the investment process
• Maintain trading applications to enable the Portfolio Managers and Traders to act upon the trading recommendations produced by the investment platform
• Continuously improve the monitoring of the investment platform by implementing, enhancing or automating existing monitoring (scripting, automation)
• Contribute, as a part time member of a Scrum Team, to the development of new features, tools and maintenance of the investment platform (software development, testing, release coordination)
• Advanced degree or demonstrated skills in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field preferred
• Experience or interest in finance, investment, accounting and economics
Knowledge and Skills
• Object-oriented programming (C#, Java, C++)
• Databases (SQL data modeling)
• Scripting language such as PowerShell or Python
• Operating systems and production operations
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
• Able to work in small, multi-office teams where initiative and judgment are key
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (business and technical users)
• Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability for issue resolution
• Track record of working well (contributing, communicating, planning) in a highly collegial team environment
• Strong ethics
• Demonstrated ability to identify pragmatic solutions to urgent technical issues, as well as longer term improvements in line with architectural best practices
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.