Manager / Senior Manager, Regional Hub Management (General Insurance)
Project and Stakeholder Management
- Being the key person for the coordination of the regional hub, including P&L management, hub development, country planning, Group and Regional initiatives and projects management, training programs, etc.
- Pro-active alignment with AXA HK’s local teams, including Technical Underwriting, Product Development, Reinsurance, Pricing, Distribution, Claims, etc., to obtain applicable support for the services required by and initiatives of the regional hub
- Continuous engagement with other AXA entities, e.g. AXA XL, AXA Partners, other AXA P&C entities, etc., to achieve beneficial and strategic alignment
- Focus on and contribute to other company’s / cross-AXA entities’ projects as required
Technical Underwriting and Governance
- Develop and distribute the technical underwriting guidelines and delegations of authority to the Distribution teams of AXA HK as well as other AXA entities as required
- Provide subject matter expertise and be the escalation point for complex underwriting cases of AXA HK as well as other AXA entities as required
- Conduct the appropriate underwriting governance, e.g. periodic underwriting file audits, for all P&C lines of business
- Ensure the Technical Underwriting team’s alignment and compliance with legal, compliance and risk management teams in formulating and executing action plans and escalating issues as required
- Fulfil responsibilities on relevant committees to achieve business goals
- Provide underwriting and technical training for AXA HK as well as other AXA entities as required
- Provide underwriting insight for new product development.
- Contribute to the effective management of the GI P&L to drive top line and bottom line growth and to deliver the expected BU performance metrics, with particular focus on Underlying Results and Loss Ratio
- Strong collaboration with local teams, regional teams, Group and other AXA entities
- Self-driven on assigned initiatives
- Qualifications in business or finance with ACII or FCII accreditation preferred
- At least 10 years’ experience in general insurance, with strong knowledge of the industry’s challenges and competitive landscape. Candidates with less experience will be considered as Manager.
- Excellent and experienced in project management and working with stakeholders management at senior level
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
- Robust business acumen and understanding of the economics of an insurance business, in particular the profitability drivers.
- Strong underwriting background on Personal Lines of Business/Commercial Lines of Business is preferred
- Well-developed written and spoken English language skills
- Market experience in Southeast Asia and China is an advantage
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA - a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry - onto even greater things.
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 165,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
 Including customers of AXA China Region Insurance Company Limited, AXA China Region Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability), and AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited AXA Corporate Solutions, AXA Matrix Risk Consultants, AXA Insurance Company, and AXA Art with AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance operations combined
We offer excellent career prospects and attractive remuneration package to the right candidates.