HR Insights Consultant
AXA UK is proud to have just been awarded 24th Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, reflecting how much our colleagues love working here. Want to be a part of it?
The HR Data, Reporting and Insights COE is at the beginning of an exciting journey to transform how we deliver data and insight to our internal customers. We are looking for an engaged and driven individual to join our expanding team. The aim of our HR Insights Consultant role is to harness people data and analytics tools, including advanced analytics and statistical techniques, to create decision-enabling insight that answer people-related business questions. Often these insights will be devised through one-off project-based initiatives, involving deep collaboration with stakeholders to solve their problems. However, the ultimate aim/value of this role and the Insights arm of the COE is to “inject”, on an enduring basis, such insights into key customer processes ahead of decisions.
What will you be doing?
- Supports the auditing/mapping stakeholder HR Insights requirements across our key customer personas (particularly HRBPs, HR COEs and Senior Leaders)
- Supports the timely delivery of decision-enabling insights products to meet HR/business needs, with a particular focus on advanced analytics/statistics and effective data visualisation], underpinned by accurate and robust data management.
- Partners with HR/business customers and other stakeholders, challenging where appropriate. May deliver either to the HR Insights Manager or direct to HR/business customer, depending on scope.
- Works with a range of analytics technologies/tools and delivers products within ethical boundaries, challenging where appropriate.
- Applies initiative/expertise to draw insights from data and uses simple storytelling to support action-oriented insights for HR/business customers.
- Seeks opportunities to embed decision-enabling insights on an ongoing basis into customer processes so their value continues to endure.
- Partners with the Reporting arm of the Insights COE to support delivery of products where necessary.
- Works in collaboration with HR Analytics SMEs that are outside the COE (HR Insights Community) but embedded in Business Units (Health, Insurance, Ireland), challenging where necessary.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills – customer-focused with a determination to deliver quality insights.
- Proven ability to balance own workstack of competing demands and deliver at pace.
- Proven experience of successfully supporting insights-based projects, where analytics techniques or tools are used to solve HR or business problems.
- Strong data visualisation and storytelling skills.
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a reporting/analytics environment.
- Knowledge of HR processes and the delivery of HR analytics products.
- Knowledge/experience of using statistical software packages, such as SAS, SSPS or R Studio, plus Big Data concepts and technologies (Python, MapReduce, Hadoop) and a desire to learn more in this field.
- Educated in statistics, computer science or mathematics an advantage.
- Future-focused – a knowledge of HR technology, including analytical tools, and an entrepreneurial interest in finding better, simpler and cheaper tools from looking to other analytical best practice, either internally or externally.
- Ideally Data Management skills and experience, including the application of data protection and data ethics skills into HR analytics projects.
- Ideally expert knowledge in QlikView and SQL including Microsoft SSMS, SSIS and SSRS. Oracle PeopleSoft Query Manager, Oracle BI Architecture, Oracle BI Analysis Editor and Oracle BI Dashboards an advantage. Microsoft Office suite, including VBA
- Ideally expert knowledge of data warehousing and visualisation technology, specifically Power BI and Azure.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We’re proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, providing corporate support services to a whole range of AXA UK businesses. From how we use the latest technology to exploring new channels to market, our impact is far-reaching, wide-ranging and ever-evolving. We actively encourage our people to think differently. Because only by challenging the status quo will we push AXA onto even greater things.
When you join us, you’ll find an open and supportive environment, where everyone is encouraged to be true to themselves. We listen to one another and keep our minds open, so that we can challenge our perspective and grow our understanding. We’re always ready to improve our work environment, and we stand up for what we believe in, because we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers everywhere.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary with annual review each year
- Company/Performance related bonus
- Generous contribution-based pension scheme (company pays up to 12%)
- Life assurance (10 x base salary pay-out)
- Minimum 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Special leave for emergencies, bereavements, family planning
- 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
- Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
- Up to 50% off PureGym membership
- 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
- Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
- Discounted shopping vouchers scheme
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
- Professional Qualification support
- Generous enhanced parental/adoption leave
- Fabulous opportunities for secondments and sabbaticals
- Excellent AXA discounts (car insurance, house insurance, private medical cover)
At AXA, we’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds