Programme Office Manager
Up to £50K DOE
We have an exciting 6-month fixed term contract opportunity (with possible option to extend) as a Programme Office Manager. In this role you will needed to support the delivery of our UK Smart Working programme: Notably:
- Management of Smart Working / DWP Business meeting schedules
- Action tracking
- RAID Management
- Plan management
- Dependency management
- Assistance on reporting & Management Information
- Finance Management
- Smart Working Programme SharePoint site build & content management
Your Key Accountabilities will be:
- Management of Programme Meeting schedules – this includes co-ordinating diaries, arranging meetings and workshops, supporting agenda development, documentation and tracking of key actions and minutes. Production of some meeting artefacts
- Action Management – develop and maintain the programme action tracker to ensure clear outcomes , owners and tasks are completed in line with programme needs
- Progress Control – Monitoring projects against each agreed measure, developing appropriate project controls, and assisting the Programme Manager by providing analysis reports.
- Reporting – Ensuring programme reports are produced as required to appropriate standards required. Production of summary reports for senior management and reports for governance boards, notably assisting the programme manager in development of Exec level board packs
- Risk & Issue, Assumption & Dependency Management – Create and manage a register of risks and issues, assumptions and dependencies, actively assessing and providing an early warning system for programme manager of items needing support or attention. Co-ordinate and manage the monthly RAID review meetings providing reporting and analysis input into these meetings
- Change Control – Manage and assure programme and projects follow change standards, and ensure programme document library standards are in place and under change control
- Budget Management Support – Budget support and coordination for project costs. Provide data quality assurance of the budget forecast and actuals challenging PMs to ensure that estimates are refined and requested budget remains realistic. Support budget reporting as required, carry out analysis of budgets, highlighting budget issues.
- Planning – provide support to PMs to ensure projects have plans that show time, cost and quality under control, coach project managers to produce and maintain such plans to the appropriate standards and provide early warning to Programme Manager and PMO on projects which are not tracking to plan.
- Quality Management – ensure governance process is adhered to within the programme in line with AXA quality standards. Provide support to the Senior PMO Manager to produce new governance standards or improve existing standards
- Process Management – Fully understand the for the process employed by the programme and ensure that they remain current, recommending ways to improve the effectiveness of existing processes and procedures. Support stakeholders through adherence to processes and procedures including checkpoint meetings and documentation reviews
- Relationship Management – Build effective partnership relationships with Project delivery team within UK and wider business units, with a strong customer focus, and demonstrate an ongoing, practical understanding of the needs of internal and external customers.
- Collaboration site – able to build/develop SharePoint capability to support project artefacts and going collaboration. Management of version control, reviews and ongoing maintenance of data, site access needs and structure
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience in a commercial environment with previous experience specifically in a Project Office / Project Management role, preferably in an IT environment
- In depth understanding of Project and Programme Office best practice including budget control, resource management, scheduling, change control, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management, report development and delivery
- Proficient knowledge of Project & Programme Management industry best practice and methodology
- Excellent working knowledge of Office products, particularly Excel with an ability to create and manage medium complexity spreadsheet solutions
- Good understand of SharePoint Online and ability to create and manage collaborative contribution
- Good understanding of project financials including invoice tracking, accruals and ledger validation
- Proven ability to drive standards and provide challenge and improvement recommendations to ensure controls and standards are achieved
- Proven ability to analyse a broad range of management information, identify recommendation actions and develop reports that drive improvement
- Commitment and tenacity to deliver programme office objectives
- Able to build productive working relationships, with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Proactive and resilient, able to work flexibly and adjust scope as the programme demands evolve
- ISEB Project & Programme Office Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation, APM, PMI, ISEB Project Management or equivalent
- Agile environment experience
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We’re proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, providing corporate support services to a whole range of AXA UK businesses. From how we use the latest technology to exploring new channels to market, our impact is far-reaching, wide-ranging and ever-evolving. We actively encourage our people to think differently. Because only by challenging the status quo will we push AXA onto even greater things.
When you join us, you’ll find an open and supportive environment, where everyone is encouraged to be true to themselves. We listen to one another and keep our minds open, so that we can challenge our perspective and grow our understanding. We’re always ready to improve our work environment, and we stand up for what we believe in, because we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers everywhere.
This is a full time role working 35 hours per week. Our benefits include:
- Generous contribution-based pension scheme (company pays up to 12%)
- Life assurance (10 x base salary pay-out)
- Minimum 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3 days leave
- Special leave for emergencies, bereavements, family planning
- 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
- Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
- Up to 50% off PureGym membership
- 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
- Dedicated financial support (through AXA-paid Nudge)
- Discounted shopping vouchers scheme
- Free LinkedIn Learning access
- Professional Qualification support
- Generous enhanced parental/adoption leave
- Fabulous opportunities for secondments and sabbaticals
- Excellent AXA discounts (car insurance, house insurance, private medical cover)
At AXA, we’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds