Regional Portfolio Manager
The Regional Portfolio Manager will steer our efforts to impact and reinforce consistency and robustness of Portfolio management within CLP and UK & Ireland geography.
The successful person will be responsible for local input to designing, developing & improving Portfolio Management practices and in conjunction with the Global Portfolio Manager implementing the agreed Portfolio Management methodologies and practices locally.
This role sits within CLP IT and reports directly to the Programme & Portfolio Leader with a dotted line to the Head of Performance & Governance Guild.
Co-ordinate activities with the Global Portfolio Manager (Group Operations Transformation) and CLP IT, Geo IT.
Work with the local Tribe, Domain and Product groups to implement the global Portfolio Management strategy and practices and support the global team by sharing local experiences and proposals for improvement.
- Build, monitor and maintain the BU IT investment portfolio
- Ensure monitoring of Project/change execution and provide major performance KPI’s
- Ensure synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AXA Partners Investment Governance
- Manage synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager
- Manage synchronization with local / BU Finance to support Financial processes
- Contribute to the yearly IT Strategic Plan with regard to the local contribution
- Focus on continuous improvement
Ensure strong collaboration and connection with key stakeholders within IT, with Group Operations Global Portfolio Manager and more globally with Group Operations organization.
Dimensions of the role
1. Build, monitor and maintain the BU investment portfolio
- Co-ordinate the consolidation of the portfolio with the BU CIO, Tribe and Domain leaders and business sponsors where applicable
- Co-ordinate with and support the main BU PPM stakeholders to ensure key data is up to date and accurate in the PPM Tool (Planview) including Financials, performance related data including KPI’s
- Ensure timely update of data supporting the BU, global and Finance team reporting requirements
- Close collaboration with BU CIO, Tribe, Domain leaders and IT Controllership to monitor and control overall performance of the portfolio at tactical and strategic level (through regular and ad-hoc reporting & dashboards)
- Proactive operational and strategic management of the investment portfolio ensuring alignment to Strat Plan
- Lead associated action plans to drive improvements locally and contributing globally (simplification, automation)
- Co-ordinate with the Domain leaders to analyse new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provide transparency of portfolio investments
2. Ensure synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AP Investment Governance:
- Organise synchronization of the investment portfolio with the AP Investment Governance through the BU Domain leads for their associated products
- Drive adherence to AP Investment Governance with the main BU PPM Stakeholders in the region / geo, including adherence to defined frameworks (incl. ARB, BCA, Security)
- Engage proactively in problem solving and action planning to drive improvements
3. Manage synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager and Finance teams
- Optimize synchronization with the global Portfolio Manager ensuring timely and accurate data and information for the BU
- Optimize synchronization with the BU/local Finance team ensuring timely and accurate data and information for the BU
4. Contribute to the yearly IT Strategic Plan with regard to the local contribution:
- Co-ordinate the yearly Strat Plan activities with the BU CIO, Tribe and Domain leaders for the BU scope taking into account both business needs and current/future capabilities of IT
- Co-ordinate the local contribution to the yearly Strat Plan working with the Performance and Governance Manager through the PPM Tool (Planview)
5. Focus on continuous improvement:
- Manage continuous improvement of the portfolio processes and tools to keep alignment with AP ambitions and internal controls needs
- Key contributor in the Portfolio Manager community to share best practices / guidelines on transversal topics and to address operational topics (e.g. improvements / simplification)
- Key contributor to the Planview product roadmap driving enhanced / extended use of Planview features
- Key contributor to the Finance Improvement program which drives automation and integration of actuals to improve financial control
Technical/ Functional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in project / portfolio management (demand and capacity planning, budget management)
- Proven experience in PMO
- Strong influential leadership behaviors in a matrix environment
- Ability to create and deliver communications to multiple levels in the organisation (local, global, executive level)
- Ability to create and deliver regular and adhoc portfolio performance reporting
- Ability to work in a result-oriented & fast-moving environment
- Collaborative working to achieve collective goals (leveraging skills of others), ability to facilitate transversal/cross function collaboration, create trust and develop pragmatic & “share-to-succeed” mindset
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, the wider IT and business community,
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to review and analyse portfolio data to ask questions, make decisions and develop strategies to improve portfolio performance.
- Ability to make difficult decisions even in unclear or poorly defined situations and do so in a timely manner
- Use experience and expertise to innovate, challenge assumptions and enhance practices where necessary to achieve goals
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, decisive, flexible with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
Education, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Experience of working at a senior level in a complex environment
- Language skills – spoken & written French
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission: Empower people to live a better life.
Our values: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA Partners is an AXA transversal business unit offering a wide range of solutions in assistance services, travel insurance and credit protection.
AXA Partners’ role is also to implement innovative solutions emerging from the AXA Innovation unit.
Our mission is to help our Corporate clients to enrich their customers’ experience, with more than 9,000 employees at their service anywhere, anytime.
By joining AXA Partners, you will work in a responsible company, which offers a real culture of expertise & diversity. Our focus is on accelerating the development of everyone’s skills, whilst offering attractive and competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development and growth.
Additionally, at AXA, we work to make a real difference to people - when amazing things happen and when we create opportunities for a better life, the feeling of pride is extraordinary.