Talent Development - Internship (12-month placement)
Working as part of a global Talent team you will contribute to unleash people’s potential to deliver business performance in a company that act for human progress by investing for what matters.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Operations lead and the talent team in data production and reporting, investigate data quality in systems, propose improvements, report on progression
- Support report production from our different systems
- Help the Operations lead on invoices management and quality control
- Monitor the Global Talent Development inbox
- Participate in digital modules testing
- PMO for transversal Talent development internal projects
- Update Talent team Sharepoint
- Support the Talent Development team where they have learning activities to roll out globally (eg. global Onboarding program)
- Support UK event management and coordination on the whole process from scheduling dates, organizing logistics on-site, supporting attendees…
- Supporting the operations lead on ad hoc projects and tasks as and when they arise
• Preparation for a Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
• No experience necessary but a willingness to learn is essential.
• At ease with Excel, able to manipulate large data set, produce analysis, manipulate Excel formulas to enrich data sets and automatize calculations…
• Experience in working with HR software and HR data is a big plus
• Experience in planning and coordinating internal/external events and activities, including booking rooms, inviting participants, drafting invitations, developing the content/agenda and gathering post-event feedback
• Effective prioritisation and organisational skills, including the ability to work independently and manage own time effectively.
• Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to challenge inconsistencies or errors appropriately to ensure data integrity
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand, interpret and act on information promptly and effectively.
• Good written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and customer-service skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Demonstrates a genuine enthusiasm towards the topics related to learning and development and a willingness to learn
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Advanced knowledge on Excel
• At ease with IT systems, able to get familiar with systems logic
In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
We are an active, long-term, global, multi-asset investor focused on enabling more people to harness the power of investing to meet their financial goals. By combining investment insight and innovation with robust risk management we have become one of the largest asset managers in Europe, managing €746bn in assets as of the end of 2017. We employ about 2,400 people around the world and operate out of 21 countries.
We are proud to foster a high-performance culture, which means that we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically-skilled but also globally-minded, innovative and able to leverage their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a company.
AXA IM is committed to building an inclusive culture, valuing diversity and supporting the career progression of all employees.